Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk - Frieda ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jjones0194@aol.com

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  12:39:43 PM  Show Profile Send jjones0194@aol.com a Private Message
To anyone knitting this pattern...... I finished the back last night but I had to adjust the instructions. It says after decreasing to knit 37 (or 41 rows for my size) in St st. I got to 31 and it was looking a little long already. The pattern says the length should be 55 centimeters and I was at 59. My guage seemed to be correct..... did I miss somthing along the way?
Go to Top of Page

megsco
New Pal

49 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  3:01:22 PM  Show Profile Send megsco a Private Message
jjones-
thanks for the observation....did you see pinkfreak's correction?
(see below):

Right now I've finished the back and half the front. I've found one minor errata on the front while shaping armholes. The 27 last rows should say work in pattern instead of st st.
Go to Top of Page

jjones0194@aol.com

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  6:26:20 PM  Show Profile Send jjones0194@aol.com a Private Message
Yup, I got that.. thank heavens for this forum. I would have figured it out but their would have been some frogging and possibly some profanity involved. I think my DH and kitties are happy for pinkfreak's post.
Go to Top of Page

megsco
New Pal

49 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  9:23:00 PM  Show Profile Send megsco a Private Message
OMG!!!
I just got a ball of alpaca silk to swatch with and it is AMAZING. SO soft in the ball. It knits up into a fairly heavy fabric, which is a bit of a disapointment, but i cant be sad for too long.... my stiches look great and did i mention how soft it is?!
:)
im in love...
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  03:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message
Yeah, me too.
I have yarn for 2 different projects...OH, did I mention this already???
sherry
Go to Top of Page

Linda513
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2004 :  1:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Linda513's Homepage Send Linda513 a Private Message
How's everyone's projects with the alpaca silk going? I've finished one sleeve and I'm almost done with the back of Maria. The yarn is so wonderful! But man, don't you go through the skeins quickly? I've been doing the spit splice so I don't have ends to weave in.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2004 :  2:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message
Linda,'I am waitng for Lara to start on oct. first . broke a bone in my hand, so going slower. and had a sock class, then waiting for you to do Maria, to offer me advise.. LOl. do you ahve pics posted anywhere?? cannot wait to start using this yarn. just trying not to start anything new.. all needles seem to be full of projectss= started, hubby asked me, wasn;t the idea to finish something???
hm....sherry
Go to Top of Page

rorosity@aol.com
Seriously Hooked

696 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2004 :  4:06:23 PM  Show Profile Send rorosity@aol.com a Private Message
I'm just starting ANA. Yes, you do go through the balls very quickly. I wish there was more yardage on each ball. I have quite a few other projects going in addition to Ana, so I am trying to finish those up before I really dive into this new project.

I am not a very experienced knitter, so I am not familiar with the splicing method of adding yarn. Is there somewhere online that demonstrates this technique? I would love to learn.

Jeannine

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rorosity/my_photos

Destashing - For Sale:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rorosity/album?.dir=/cb32
Go to Top of Page

Linda513
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2004 :  5:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Linda513's Homepage Send Linda513 a Private Message
Here's a site that tells you how to spit splice: http://www.sheeweknits.com/t_t.htm

Sherry, I'm sorry to hear about your hand, I hope it feels better soon. I don't have any pictures posted yet, but I'll put some up soon. I'll let you know.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2004 :  6:29:24 PM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Jeannine,

Looked at your photos -- you got such a nice even stitch with your Point 5. What needle size did you use?

Thanks,
RoseM
p.s. That pile of Iro yarn is so beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

jjones0194@aol.com

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  08:36:09 AM  Show Profile Send jjones0194@aol.com a Private Message
Hey Gals,
TO anyone who has finished the Frieda sweater, any idea why the sleeves are contructed the way they are and not in one simple piece? I am still a fairly new knitter but it seems a little more complicated than it needs to be?

Go to Top of Page

rorosity@aol.com
Seriously Hooked

696 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  7:40:38 PM  Show Profile Send rorosity@aol.com a Private Message
Hi Rose!

Thanks for the compliment on my Point 5 stitch. Believe me, when I was knitting it, I felt like it looked horrible, but it turned out ok. I enjoyed knitting with that yarn and I am hoping to find a sale on it in the future, because it can be pricey. I was lucky enough to purchase it at a deep discount from another KR member. I am pretty sure I used a size 17 needle for the sweater. It was the pattern from the Yarn Girls Guide to Simple Knits. I just extended the collar to make it a loose mock turtle.

Jeannine

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rorosity/my_photos

Destashing - For Sale:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rorosity/album?.dir=/cb32
Go to Top of Page

ashelynsmom
New Pal

11 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  04:29:46 AM  Show Profile Send ashelynsmom a Private Message
I am knitting Frieda! This is a fairly big leap for me, as it's my first adult sweater, but I love it, and I will persevere until I complete it! YAY for Frieda!

Ashelynsmom
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.