Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Insert CD Here
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TllGrrl
New Pal

34 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2002 :  10:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit TllGrrl's Homepage Send TllGrrl a Private Message
My Music to Knit By ranges from Buena Vista Social Club to the soundtrack of "Oh, Brother Where Art Thou" to Talking Heads to David Bowie's "Heathen" to Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, India.Aire to Nine Inch Nails to Kathleen Battle/Branford Marsallis' "Baroque Duet" to the Beatles to Moby to Brasilian music to Jurassic Five to Leftover Salmon to Moorcheeba to Diggable Planets to...Well, you get the picture.
I guess you could say that have kind of eclectic tastes in music.
I tend to knit to the same type of music I'll put on while doing web design.
The only problem is when something really good comes on and it goes from head bobbing to finishing that row so I can get up and get my groove on!
: )
Gwen aka TllGrrl

www.fivefoottwelve.com
"Creativity lies at the interface of discipline and chaos."
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1987 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2002 :  2:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Gwen, when I read you "Kathleen Battle" choice, I had to respond: she was two years ahead of me in school (McKinley Junior High & Portsmouth High School - both in Portsmouth, Ohio). She was Kathy Battle in those days. When I 1st heard her sing at a McKinley Junior High program, I was in the 7th grade & she blew my socks off w/her voice - it was so beautiful to me that I could have cried. Great choice!
To everyone else, wow - you all have wonderfully varied taste - I love what I am learning from this topic!

Go to Top of Page

Kel
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  05:58:01 AM  Show Profile Send Kel a Private Message
I have to agree with Letti, I listen to reggae while I knit. We have digital cable, and it came with a selection of music channels-- there's all different themes, so I try to pick a different one every so often. But the reggae channel has become my personal favorite, at least for now. When it starts getting cold (I live in Bethlehem, PA) I like to listen to "darker" music (moody alternative stuff), techno, or celtic music (we have a huge celtic festival here every fall that gets me in the mood for a few weeks). But there's just something so happy and relaxing about listening to reggae and knitting! Right now, it's my favorite way to unwind after a long day at work.

Go to Top of Page

craftymjw@hotmail.com
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  01:31:28 AM  Show Profile Send craftymjw@hotmail.com a Private Message
When I do listen to music while I'm knitting, I listen to Contemporary
Christen music. I find it relaxing & inspiring.
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
New Pal

13 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  11:22:26 AM  Show Profile Send JudyT a Private Message
Classical music is my first love, so I automatically turn to that whatever I am doing. After reading the wonderful, varied responses, I am convinced I need to perk up my music now and then with other types. Letti, you have some great ideas for me in the music you use. I like almost all music, especially (in addition to classical) blues and jazz, Celtic harp, and even, now and then, Indian (as in Native American) pipes.

Go to Top of Page

annjax2@hotmail.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  2:32:24 PM  Show Profile Send annjax2@hotmail.com a Private Message
I enjoy listening to classical, inspirational, or New Age (like George Winston) when I am in a "relax" mode. When I am trying to complete an item, or when the game is on, I like to listen to baseball.

Go to Top of Page

katiecat
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  11:31:00 AM  Show Profile Send katiecat a Private Message
"What are your soundtrack preferences?"

That's an interesting question. I just leave the TV going. I prefer movies I've already seen a lot (Ghostbusters and other light-hearted types).

Thanks for asking that question. Hope it's OK that I just butt in and answer.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?