Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Forum Etiquette
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2002 :  7:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Okay, girls....deeep, cleansing breath.....

Howz about we all try to start new folders when we want to discuss a new topic, as Bess wisely suggested, and let's all get back to enjoying each other. She's not suggesting that we only talk on-topic, just that we attempt to keep each folder within a loosely defined area. We'll all benefit from finding links we're interested in, and we can still talk about anything we want. Deal?

Love,
Rodney King

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2002 :  06:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Rodney, I always knew you were a knitter!

Thank you, Lissa. You said it perfectly.

I'm struggling here. This topic has deeply hurt and angered one forum member who has been a longtime supporter. But instead of working it out offline, she has chosen to insert negative comments about Bess in every recent post, regardless of its subject matter.

I have no tolerance for this, whatsoever. Those comments are now gone.

This is a safe place where we know we can find kindship, laughter, and acceptance without fear of judgment. We try to keep things on topic, but life isn't always organized. And sometimes, in random brief side-notes, we can gleam choice pearls of wisdom.

As Lissa says, let's get back to enjoying eachother. Each person here has an astounding amount of experience, wisdom, and compassion to share. Just spending time here gives me hope for humanity!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2002 :  06:44:26 AM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
Thanks, Clara. One of the reasons rookies are so instantly at home here is that this group lacks the flame-out so common in many other web groups. As St. Louis' late, great Jack Buck used to say, that's a winner.

lemons of missouri

Go to Top of Page

Smock7
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  08:27:40 AM  Show Profile Send Smock7 a Private Message
Clara and all,

I personally find the forum PERFECT as is. I love the technical information, the exchange of tips and experiences, but what brings me back is the comfortable social exchange between new friends. I love the support emotionally and technically. I have noticed sometimes that when a topic turns very personal, one of the people will mention about taking it offline, but I feel that all around the forum is a support group of sorts and I love the general atmosphere. some people could stand to remember the saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." just jump to another topic if you don't like what's being said. Remember, once the words are out, the damage is done. But, I want to thank Clara for providing a place for learning and sharing with such a friendly, warm atmosphere!

Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  12:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Hmmm... well this topic certainly explains a very odd e-mail I got to my personal e-address recently.

Shall I simply say that I agree with everyone (bess and bev included) who feel that Clara does a tremendous job managing what has turned into a phenomenally busy website. It's nice we can all feel free to post what we want, which we all have on more than one occasion. Be it a cleaning regime (Fly ladies), a death in the family, a loss or change of work, or just clarifying that the best knitters aren't perfect either, we've all seen and participated in the posts, and it's great to feel welcome here (does anyone else hear the theme song to Cheers in the background?). And I loved that (for example) someone (Alisa, maybe???) chose to just start a new folder for those fly ladies rather than discussing them in the middle of how in the heck I was going to make that mobius scarf for my mother.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we keep ideas of any kind off the board, I think it's just a thought that saying "hey, we should make this a whole new topic" might make things easier for us all to find the answers to problems!

Heck, I love all of you, and I've missed you desparately in the past few months (I should be able to pop on a lot more starting in August when I'm FINALLY DONE moving!)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  1:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
"Where everybody knows you name..." Well said, RosebyAny and glad to hear from you again! Hope you finish moving soon. Must be a real drag taking so long to get settled!! Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

fmc
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2002 :  05:23:53 AM  Show Profile Send fmc a Private Message
Hi, I have been out of town for a while and have missed all of this change. I just love this forum. It gives me an escape. I have often wondered why there wasn't a chat room. There are many posts that would be typical if they were in a chat room.... maybe we should start one?

Also, a simple request to not change a topic should be viewed as just that. When I am in a hurry, I click onto the ones that I am following and I enjoy the "change of subject". But sometimes I wonder what I am missing in another topic if it has also changed. It is just that I don't have time to go searching all topics to find the interesting changes. I keep wondering what I have missed out on.

I have learned some good stuff here and enjoy all of you! keep it coming! Francine

Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1940 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2002 :  10:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message
I'd like to add my two cents about a "chat" topic. On my other favorite site, we have a daily thread where we discuss what ever we want. The first person in titles it for the day of the week and we just go from there. We talk about what we're doing that day or what the kids are doing, etc. An idea.

LJ

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.