Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Knitter's Review Boutique Feedback
 The Yarn Loft--Warrenton, VA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  12:30:45 PM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
I just visited Warrenton today and discovered the Yarn Loft on Main Street about 2 blocks down from the Courthouse. Pam said that they opened in February and are above The Bead Shoppe. Across the street is Molly's Irish Pub in case you get hungry for elevensies.

The space is large with most yarn (cotton, wool, acrylic, etc.) mixed in cubbies along one wall. The other wall holds the handpainted hanks on hooks and there are tools, magazines and books located there also.

The NICE thing is at the end of the shop there is a very comfy sitting area for knitting. There are lamps, upholstered sofa and chairs arranged around a table for sitting and knitting with others. Sundays there is a sit and knit from 2-4 pm.

The shop is owned by a couple of knitters who also give classes in basic knitting and felting. If you're in Warrenton, Rt. 17, you may want to check out the Yarn Loft.

Rebecca

Dances with Wools

BlueStocking
Sustaining Member

USA
945 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  06:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueStocking's Homepage Send BlueStocking a Private Message
It is a nice shop ~ nice owners and talented knitters working there, too. Plus, what could be better than being above the bead shop? :D

Next time you're headed to Warrenton, you have to email me ~ we can meet for lunch at Cafe Torrino (an awesome Italian place) and fondle yarn together!

Jen

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

Yarns and Rare Spinning Fibers from Spirit Trail Fiberworks: http://www.spirit-trail.net
Blog: http://TheSpiritTrail.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  8:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Jen, might you be interested in joining me at the shop for the Sunday knit-in on some non-KnitKnutz Sunday?

Lissa

Hey - I MEANT to do that!
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  06:47:59 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Lissa and Jen,
I'd love to come out on a Sunday for knitting. I'm down at VCU this weekend but could definitely make a Sunday in August. I haven't been to Cafe Torrino either and would love to try it out for lunch. Let me know when we can get together!

Rebecca

Dances with Wools
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  9:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
I'm available on July 25, although I don't think Jen is. I'm also available Aug 22. The others in between I'll either be out of town or at KnitKnutz (which you're both most welcome to attend...)

Lissa

Hey - I MEANT to do that!
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  08:13:51 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Let's try August 22. That's far enough ahead for me to put on the weekend calendar. It would probably be a good idea to make sure that the Yarn Loft intends to be open that Sunday, too.

Hope you're both having a great summer so far.

Rebecca

Dances with Wools
Go to Top of Page

curlyq
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  2:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit curlyq's Homepage Send curlyq a Private Message
I just joined this forum. I live outside of Winchester...I am definitely going to visit this store; it sounds very nice! I would love to join a knitting group in the area. Most of them are too far or held at times where I can't make it. Not that Warrenton is reeeeeally close, but compared to every other place, it's not far! I would love to find somewhere to drink coffee and hang out with other knitters and work on projects. :)

Kerry
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  3:45:53 PM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Hey Kerry! I'm in Stephens City, outside of Winchester. It would be nice to meet at Daily Grind sometime for a cup of coffee and talk knitting. Let me know! I tried to work with the Knit 1 Purl 2 shop on Thursday nights but it was not working out for me.

Rebecca

Dances with Wools
Go to Top of Page

valope
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  6:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit valope's Homepage Send valope a Private Message
Hello everyone! I just found the forum. The Yarn Loft is wonderful. I live in Luray, and found the store this past winter as my hubby and I were roaming Old Town Warrentown. Bought a very nice pair of bamboo needles, and found them to be excellent as I just taught myself to knit in December.

Good to know you all are out there.

Penny

I came, I saw, I knit.....
Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  06:55:40 AM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
Isn't there another shop in Warrenton, or has it closed? I was there visiting at Christmas and was very happy with it.

lemons of missouri
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  08:00:47 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
There is another yarn shop down the main street that has been there for years. It's a small shop with very expensive yarns. If I were to compare the two, I'd say the older shop is more like a boutique and the new shop is more like a knitter's studio.

Can we arrange a meeting for 8/22 for those of us near Warrenton?

Rebecca

Dances with Wools
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.