Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting to stay sane....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2462 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  1:36:55 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
I know I've been scarce lately, but things are a mess in my life right now. My boss was transferred to Portland, OR. We got the news back in April (March?? earlier??). He left yesterday and I feel as though a piece of my heart is missing. Losing a boss might not be a big thing to some folks, but Fr. Joe was more than a boss. He was a good friend, a confessor, a man I love and respect. I'll miss him terribly. Fortunately, I know and like his successor. Hopefully, the next few month will be smoother than I anticipate...

Of course, it all may be a moot point. You know that old saying: be careful what you ask for...you just might get it? Well, I've been grousing that I hate Cigna insurance and wish I didn't have to deal with it any more, that I wish I didn't have to go back east for Tony's family reunion, and that I wish I didn't have to leave my greyhounds while on vacation. I got all three wishes granted in one swell foop....Tony was laid off (with one whole month's severance pay) on June 21st. No more Cigna, no family reunion, no vacation! Bingo!

So, I ask those inclined to say a prayer for us...that Tony might find a job quickly and that it be in the area where we live. I'd hate to run out on a brand new pastor just a month into his tenure. Unfortunately, mechanical engineering jobs are a bit scarce in Phoenix. He's had a couple phone interviews...one in SC, one in PA. So it's looking like we may be moving. Sigh. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

chris (feeling splattered)

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!

kepkake
Chatty Knitter

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  1:59:53 PM  Show Profile Send kepkake a Private Message
Hi Chris,
I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. Keep your chin-up and know that we all send good thoughts and prayers for you. If you end up moving to PA, I'll be your knitting buddy I'll bet things will work out better than you thought they could today. That's the eternal optimist in me talking! Have a nice day.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2309 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  2:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Chris, I am sorry about your troubles, too! I will prayer for you and hope things change for the better soon!! Here is a big *HUG* for you! Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  3:41:44 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Chris: As you know this group is a group of very POSITIVE thinkers. With all of us pulling for you things will turn out well for you, I feel it in my bones, old though they may be. Take care. Beverley

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Alissa
Seriously Hooked

USA
632 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  7:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Alissa's Homepage Send Alissa a Private Message
HI Chris,
I am sorry for your stressful times. I know very well what a pain it is to be looking for a job. We will all keep you in our prayers. And you are very right, if there is one quote that has always rung true with me it is, "Be careful what you wish for, for it shall surely be yours". Not that this is always bad, just not always what we expected!

Hugs,
Alissa

Alissa
Go to Top of Page

Kathe
Chatty Knitter

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2002 :  8:48:06 PM  Show Profile Send Kathe a Private Message
Hi Chris,

Here's another big hug for you! I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that something good and positive comes out of our trials. This has proven true in my life many, many times. Keep your chin up and I will pray for you as well.

Good luck,

Kathe

Go to Top of Page

Marjorie
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
605 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  01:02:38 AM  Show Profile Send Marjorie a Private Message
Hello Chris.
My family have been there Chris so I know exactly how you're feeling.
About six or seven years ago my hubby had a nasty accident on his bike and broke both arms and was told that he was lucky to come out of it alive.A couple of weeks later with two arms in plaster he was handed his redundancy notice.It was a nightmare at the time but he forced himself to go to job interviews even though he was still feeling unwell and had the casts on.He managed to get another job about three weeks later and they were prepared to wait until his arms were better.I guess that what I am trying to say is that behind every cloud there is a silver lining and to try and stay positive.We're all thinking of you.
Take care
Marjorie

Go to Top of Page

marnita
Chatty Knitter

USA
348 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  06:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit marnita's Homepage Send marnita a Private Message
Chris,

Although things may seem to be hard and miserable, this may be the beginning of something wonderful. Every option that you face has the chance of making your life better or worse, depending on how you perceive these changes. Change is always scary but it is also necessary to get through life. I hope that these new doorways in life that you are facing have happiness and good surprises that make them worth while.

Marney

http://marneysworld.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  1:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Chris,

Topsy turvy indeed! I, too, will hold you in my prayers. What's meant to be will be. And when you get there, you'll be able to look back and realize why this happened and how much richer your life is because of it.

Until then, hang on and trust for the best. One thing's for sure: regardless of what happens and where you end up, you have a permanent community right here.

Please do keep us posted. Sending you a big virtual ))))hug(((((

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  1:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Snuggle up to those doggies, and knit with your favorite yarn... I'd never have made it through the past month plus without my furry friends and knitting... I got home yesterday in my first seven-hour day (first day less than ten hours since I started here, and DJs don't get breaks!) and when I walked in the door, both cats just walked over to the pull-out sofa we've been sleeping on (because of landlord and home trauma) since that's been my immediate reaction all month - home, then straight to bed! It was cute, and lovely to just play with them instead of being a sleeping mommy...

You are in my prayers, and I know you'll get through it all with the strength and grace we've all seen from you here.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2002 :  8:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Hi, Chris. Ain't this a great bunch of broads (and Ken )! Being there myself (since December, no less) I know how y'all feel. It doesn't feel like it now, but it really is good that he's getting nibbles, even though they require relocating. And, if you end up in the DC area, you can count on a new/old friend here!

Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2002 :  08:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Hey - there's an idea! Move to South-Western NY - we can knit sweaters for the greys, and they have great wings 'round these parts!

Lissa - it's good to cyber-see you - I miss you and was just thinking of writing when I got distracted by work (again!)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2002 :  9:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
I miss you too, dollface. Any chance of seeing you on a Ken-visit sometime?

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2002 :  10:00:01 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Oh, Chris: I didn't give you my best "words of wisdom!" Actually there are two things to remember--stressed spelled backwards is "desserts" and get your priorities in order, eat dessert first!!!Here come the happy faces.Beverley

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live!"

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Patience
Permanent Resident

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2002 :  6:17:49 PM  Show Profile Send Patience a Private Message
Geez Chris, you sure will have your hands full, but with all the friends here combined with all our prayers you will get through this and come out on the other side looking back and seeing that so many wonderful things were and ARE in store for you...Chin Up, and God bless.

Warmest Regards, Patience
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  03:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
You got it, Chris. If you move to the east coast I promise to visit!

Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2309 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  09:31:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Well, Chris, if you stay where you are, I could visit with you! I am only about 6 hours away, I think? Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?