Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 My hobby injured me.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hand-dyed
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  07:14:51 AM  Show Profile Send hand-dyed a Private Message
I have a suggestion for the storage of needles without danger. I store my needles in a circular mailer. You can get them in various lengths at the Post Office or the mailing supply section of Target, Wal-Mart, etc. The mailers are made of very hard compressed cardboard and don't crush easily (I have stepped on, sat on, dropped, mine with no problem). I have several mailers. One I keep the only the needles for my current project in and several others for storage. Inside the storage ones I have the "sets" of needles rubber banded together. And I have cut a piece of circular foam (left over from craft projects, appox. 1/2 inch thick) for both of the inside ends of all of my mailers to protect the tips of the needles. (Remember to cut the foam circle a little larger than the mailer so that it will stay in place once you put it inside the mailer.) I store my paint brushes in a mailer, too.
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  08:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
That is a great idea. It reminds me of what we used in ceramics class to store tools-a Pringles can. I will have to check and see if that is long enough! Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.