Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 My hobby injured me.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hand-dyed
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  07:14:51 AM  Show Profile Send hand-dyed a Private Message
I have a suggestion for the storage of needles without danger. I store my needles in a circular mailer. You can get them in various lengths at the Post Office or the mailing supply section of Target, Wal-Mart, etc. The mailers are made of very hard compressed cardboard and don't crush easily (I have stepped on, sat on, dropped, mine with no problem). I have several mailers. One I keep the only the needles for my current project in and several others for storage. Inside the storage ones I have the "sets" of needles rubber banded together. And I have cut a piece of circular foam (left over from craft projects, appox. 1/2 inch thick) for both of the inside ends of all of my mailers to protect the tips of the needles. (Remember to cut the foam circle a little larger than the mailer so that it will stay in place once you put it inside the mailer.) I store my paint brushes in a mailer, too.
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2002 :  08:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
That is a great idea. It reminds me of what we used in ceramics class to store tools-a Pringles can. I will have to check and see if that is long enough! Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.