Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 Typos and pattern trouble?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  08:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
What about a forum that address errors we find in patterns - we can make others aware and maybe find the solution?

I'm working on a complicated cable, 24 row rep, and on row 24 there's something funky! The pattern is for the cable on the Criss-cross Cable Cowl neck, page 39 of the Summer 2002 Cast On - there is no FKDC, so I don't know if they mean FDKC, or BDKC!!! Anyone know?

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  09:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Aaaaah, I'll do anything for the almighty Rosestress. It's not every day that we have a celebrity in our midst.

We do have the forum topic, "Stuck on a Pattern," available within the knitting area. Will that do?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  10:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message

<sigh> I suppose.

(okay, so I couldn't find it. I've been up and running since 4 am. I'm just impressed I could find my computer!)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1953 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  7:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
There is a web site w/a number of knitting "issues" & areas w/one of these being errors in patterns. It's a cool site:
www.knittingpages.com
Point your mouse at the errors part - something like "errata" & click. It will bring up all types of magazines, books & designers. See what you think about it & let me know if it's helpful.

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  9:05:29 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Amie: I would suggest you get in touch with them but as a long time member I keep trying to get that damned magazine sent without me having to ask. I have already sicked (SP!) the consumer fraud detail as well as the Better Business Bureau on them and they promised me faithfully they would take care of the problem. Well, they take my money and today again I had to E-mail them (thanks to you letting me know the Summer 2002 issue is out) for the magazine. They are sending to me tomorrow--really, lets see what happens. I have already told them I am a loud mouth and will bad mouth them if they don't get this problem straightened out. Its been going on for more than a year. Its not the fact that they take my $23--God knows I can afford it but there is the point that I did work very hard so I could have a nice retirement and don't need there problems to interfer with my life--such as it is. Sorry to sound off but let me know if you try to contact them and they don't respond. I can get--what shall I say, challenging? Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  11:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
LOL Not to worry. I can count on one hand the number of people who've won arguements with me ... this red hair ain't just for show!

But I will see if I can find the problem on the website, and I'll try to give them a call also.

(btw - I've had this issue for at least a month - it's the copy I took on the plane when they wouldn't let me knit on May 17th)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe