Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 You know you're a knitter when....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

e_looped
Seriously Hooked

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  10:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit e_looped's Homepage Send e_looped a Private Message
...some of the first words out of your mouth when anyone asks you a question are "let me finish this row" or "just a second, let me finish this part of the pattern."

... you've called into work "sick" just to stay home and knit.

I just started my new job and my brain has been mush lately. I miss you guys, I haven't had a chance to sign on all week during the day and when I'm at home, I can't wait to get my knitting out and allow my brain to gel once again.

erica :)
(formerly e_looped, knitgrl is my license plate)
Life is like knitting sometimes it's smooth, sometimes it's bumpy and sometimes it's the ultimate frustration.
http://erica-lee.org/crafts.html
Go to Top of Page

KathyDoughty
New Pal

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  10:32:33 AM  Show Profile Send KathyDoughty a Private Message
...when the first thing that crosses your mind when you get sent on a business trip to some exciting location (London in my case) is, "Hmm, I wonder what kinds of yarn they have available there, and where is the nearest shop?"

O.K., I did sightsee, too....

Kathy

Go to Top of Page

marnita
Chatty Knitter

USA
348 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  10:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit marnita's Homepage Send marnita a Private Message
...every anecdote that comes out of your mouth references some WIP, LYS or fibers.

...your coworker greet you in the morning with "Did you knit that sweater?" instead of "Good Morning."

...you use knitting needles to keep your hair out of your eyes, or is that to have them handy when you need them?!?!

http://marneysworld.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rusty Shackelford
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  11:11:56 AM  Show Profile Send Rusty Shackelford a Private Message
You start to wonder if maybe you can find a use for all that cat fur you sweep from under the fridge.

Go to Top of Page

Lemonjello
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  11:31:13 AM  Show Profile Send Lemonjello a Private Message
You know you are a knitter when......

You bring it with you on your honeymoon

Go to Top of Page

Geniap
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  11:32:14 AM  Show Profile Send Geniap a Private Message

when you find yourself reaching out to touch a stranger's sweater just to see what type of yarn was used to knit it...

clickin' on the Severn watching the Blue Heron
Go to Top of Page

Simplicitly
Chatty Knitter

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  11:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simplicitly's Homepage Send Simplicitly a Private Message
... while emptying the lint trap from the dryer you think "there must be some way to comb this and spin it into yarn."

... your hands are tired and cramped from knitting several hours on small needles, and you continue to do so with the thought that you're "working out the soreness."

... you realize that someone's been talking to you for the past 5 minutes but you didn't hear a word because you were counting stitches.

... your cats have been trained to avoid long stringy things through the aid of super-soakers.

Shetha

Novice Crafter
Professional Geek
Go to Top of Page

MissPooh
Angel

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  11:45:43 AM  Show Profile Send MissPooh a Private Message
...Clara recommends a knitting book and you immediately connect to Amazon.com and order it. Thanks for the handy link!
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  11:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Oh, poor kitty! LOL Nancy, I am ready for the next one to move out. Our second son moved out, and the oldest moved into his room, and left the tiny room empty. Oldest had returned home after some time away, so he had to take the little room. Now I am waiting for him to get his own place again, so I am planning to take out the wall between the two rooms to make one room, a nice roomy sewing/craft/yarn room, with lots of storage, hidden, so it can be a guest room, too.

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

Silver
Warming Up

84 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  12:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Silver's Homepage Send Silver a Private Message
... you don't care when the cats scratch the couch so long as they don't touch your mohair.

... you've considered keeping the dog fur from his brush in case you ever take up spinning.

... when your friends mention spinning class at the gym, you think they've started a craft circle.

... your kids' friends come to visit and ask you what you're working on today.

... you go to a baby shower and snicker at the baby blankets others have bought knowing your gift contains a hand made layette set.

... you start to bug your friends about getting pregnant so you can knit more baby items.

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  12:36:05 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
Lissa!! Amie!! Erica!!! So wonderful to see all of you again! Gawsh, but I've missed all of you. Amie and Erica, hope the new jobs are going well!

....when you go out and buy wooden needles so that you can knit in character at the Renaissance in the Pines greyhound pavillion.

chris (combining my loves of knitting, Renaissance Faires, and my furbabies)

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

EdieC
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  2:17:01 PM  Show Profile Send EdieC a Private Message
You finally sew the pieces together and they match up and the sweater fits.

quote]
You find a knitting pattern in your bread box!?

Sandi-Cassil

And rows to knit before I sleep...

[/quote]

Go to Top of Page

Marjorie
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
605 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  4:53:40 PM  Show Profile Send Marjorie a Private Message
When you'd sooner relax watching your daughter knit than a good movie playing on the telly
Marjorie

Go to Top of Page

Calla
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  5:00:05 PM  Show Profile Send Calla a Private Message
...you check out the seams on peoples'sweaters and wonder how you could knit the same thing in the round!

Go to Top of Page

yarncollector
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  5:55:32 PM  Show Profile Send yarncollector a Private Message
...you knit at hockey games (and your family doesn't bat an eye).

Kath

Go to Top of Page

yarncollector
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  5:55:40 PM  Show Profile Send yarncollector a Private Message

Kath

Go to Top of Page

yarncollector
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  5:57:01 PM  Show Profile Send yarncollector a Private Message

Kath

Go to Top of Page

yarncollector
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  5:58:37 PM  Show Profile Send yarncollector a Private Message
oops, sorry about the multiple posts, don't know what happened!

Go to Top of Page

anotherbev
Warming Up

90 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  6:26:26 PM  Show Profile Send anotherbev a Private Message
--when the cat finally learns to snuggle beside you in the chair and go to sleep without touching the item you are knitting;

--per the posts about pet fur and dryer lint as raw materials, I did see on the t.v. a bit about a woman who knitted herself an outfit out of her own hair--that that woman is a knitter!!!
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  6:42:34 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Yarncollector: Don't worry about the double message--I think we have all done it. I know I did it at least three times, if not more. I decided a long time ago that when I keep repeating a mistake I never count past three. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.