Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 You know you're a knitter when....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

JenniferT
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  01:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit JenniferT's Homepage Send JenniferT a Private Message
you walk into a room empty-handed and everyone asks "Where's your knitting?" (not that that's ever happened to me, you understand.)

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Blankenship
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  02:34:41 AM  Show Profile Send Nancy Blankenship a Private Message
...when the LYSO calls you at your work and leaves you voice mail when new yarns come in.

...when you have a child move out you remove the bed and fill the room with yarn!

Go to Top of Page

knitter2568
Chatty Knitter

Germany
146 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  03:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitter2568's Homepage Send knitter2568 a Private Message
...when you plan a camping trip and the first ten items on your check list are knitting related.
...when you arrive on the campground and you realize you forgot pretty much everything but your knitting.
...when you have to have a designated campground knitting project, such as socks (easy to take a long).
...when you don't care about the great sunset and the campfire etc. because you're too busy knitting.
...when your husband and daugther have to share a cabinet because you need extra space for yarn.
...when you are in need of a second set of size 2 dpn's and you find them in a drawer in the camper, where you put them a long time ago just in case you ever needed them.
...when you suggest to buy a bigger camper because your designated campground knitting basket doesn't fit on the shelves.
...when you make your husband put down a carpet in front of the camper so your yarn doesn't get dirty if it drops on the ground.
...when your daugther asks you what kind of toys you packed for her to take on the trip and all you can offer is skeins of yarn.
...when you go on a camping trip and you want to go home the next day (gorgeous weather) because you ran out of yarn.

Happy Knitting,
DREA
knitter@newsguy.com
http://love2knit.8m.com/
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=knitter2568
Go to Top of Page

rogandsue@attbi.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  04:38:26 AM  Show Profile Send rogandsue@attbi.com a Private Message
You know you're a knitter when it's more important to pack your yarn than your lunch, or the knitting tool kit and extra yarn are the first things into your suitcase.
Go to Top of Page

njzube@aol.com
New Pal

25 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  04:45:22 AM  Show Profile Send njzube@aol.com a Private Message
You don't mind how long the light stays red, because I can knit more! When you turn off the motor at the bank drive-through and peacefully wait your turn because you can knit.
Go to Top of Page

hmsull@princeton.edu
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  05:07:40 AM  Show Profile Send hmsull@princeton.edu a Private Message
..... the first meaning of the word "cable" does not refer to tv reception or rope.
Go to Top of Page

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  05:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
...my husband tells me that something is wrong because I don't have knitting in my hand.

Go to Top of Page

Lucille
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  05:51:08 AM  Show Profile Send Lucille a Private Message
You forget to eat because you have to fix an error in your knitting and none of your friends think this is odd behaviour for you.

Go to Top of Page

Knitting Fever
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
548 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  05:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitting Fever's Homepage Send Knitting Fever a Private Message
When you feel like your hands are incomplete without their knitting needle extensions. :)

Go to Top of Page

Deborah.Dubeau@nist.gov
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  06:27:38 AM  Show Profile Send Deborah.Dubeau@nist.gov a Private Message
when you find yourself sitting by the public pool on a hot summer's day working on a wool sweater.
Go to Top of Page

rickid
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  06:41:20 AM  Show Profile Send rickid a Private Message
You know you're a knitter when......every vacation means looking for
new yarn shops!

Go to Top of Page

BoSox Fan
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  06:43:29 AM  Show Profile Send BoSox Fan a Private Message
How about when your husband must cajole you to have a night out to dinner and a movie because you can't stand the fact that it's too dark inside the theatre to knit? (And my husband works for a company that owns an entire chain of theatres, so it doesn't even cost us anything to go see the movie!) Still, I'd rather be home watching a Cheers rerun for the 80th time and be able to knit, too!!

Or: When you jump at the chance to knit afghans and sweaters to donate to your church's Christmas bazaar because THEY'RE providing the yarn for free!

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  06:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
If you've ever forced several rows of people on an airplane to stand up and help you look for that dropped needle... you know you're a knitter!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Suse
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  07:18:30 AM  Show Profile Send Suse a Private Message
You know you are a knitter when the sound of clicking needles in a meeting/class make you smile.
Go to Top of Page

patt711
New Pal

32 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  07:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit patt711's Homepage Send patt711 a Private Message
you tell your husband you refuse to carry-on luggage for your trip because you have to pack your knitting. (and I'm a new knitter--missed those days of being able to knit ON the plane. darn)
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  08:01:13 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
You ask someone if they made the sweater they are wearing.Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  08:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
It is truly inexpressible how much I missed you all... hopefull I'll be back on here more regularly soon!

How 'bout you know you're a knitter when you wonder what the girls on KR would say about .... anything?

...You're most difficult decision of the day is which project to work on?

...You get frustrated watching movies that aren't on tape (or DVD) because if you look down at knitting and miss something, you can't rewind and look again (and you certainly aren't going to watch without knitting!!!)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  08:44:48 AM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
...when you can't get rid of your dinner guests who are still hanging around after midnight - because you taught them to knit and they can't stop! (three guesses why I am so sleepy this morning, and the first two don't count!)
Lin

Go to Top of Page

PatC
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  09:17:55 AM  Show Profile Send PatC a Private Message
....when after finishing a sock on the vanpool ride to work you tell everybody about having DSSS - dreaded second sock syndrome and they laugh!

.....when a person on your old vanpool says your replacement is nice but doesn't knit!!!

PatC
Go to Top of Page

anotherbev
Warming Up

90 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  10:12:41 AM  Show Profile Send anotherbev a Private Message
when you have large tote bags around your favorite chair;

when you have to "kitten proof" the house by getting the balls of yarn out of sight;

when you get defensive because people remind you that kittens love to play with balls of yarn;

when you find out that these people were right;

when you have to put the kitten in "kitty time out" for getting into one of the aforementioned tote bags full of balls of yarn.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?