Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 You know you're a knitter when....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Tweedles
Warming Up

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  12:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tweedles's Homepage Send Tweedles a Private Message
You find a knitting pattern in your bread box!?

Sandi-Cassil

And rows to knit before I sleep...

Smock7
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  1:50:06 PM  Show Profile Send Smock7 a Private Message
...you run to Dillard's just to check out what sweaters you would like to make!

...you grab your knitting just to take a short ride in a car....kind of like a toddler who won't leave home without his security blanket!

...others at work are thinking about what they'll eat for lunch and you think about what you can knit during lunch!

...you're depressed about being stuck in traffice without knitting...not that you're stuck in traffic.

...you pass up the much needed pair of new shoes for 10 new skeins of yarn.

...you pass up a night out to watch a rerun on tv with your knitting!

...you plan your vacation route to ensure passing by the large knitting outlets!

...you would rather spend $60 on yarn and 40 hours knitting a gift rather than buying a $20 gift!

...you knit even for people who might not appreciate your hard work!

...you say "Hold on a minute." and grab your knitting so you can talk on the phone!

...you bypass the fitness magazines for one more knitting magazine and choose sitting on the couch to knit rather than running!

...you would rather CHARGE a yarn purchase rather than wait for payday or go without!

...a fun day out to you is a trip to the yarn store!

...you analyze/critize every sweater in the store for how poorly they are constructed!

...you have to sneak a peek at the inside of every fair isle or intarsia sweater to check out the "end" solutions!

...you do not feel complete without several WIP!

...you dream about knitting stitches, colors and yarns!

...you scan ebay daily for the one "gold-mine" purchase of yarn/patterns/books!

...when someone asked what you would like for your birthday and your standard reply is "A gift certificate to (LYS)."

...you can't go a single day without checking what everyone is doing on the "FORUM"! (Mean while the dishes sit and the dryer has long stopped!)
Go to Top of Page

Dot
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  5:05:56 PM  Show Profile Send Dot a Private Message
Smock7, looks to me like you covered most of the bases but I'm waiting to be amazed and amused by what others come up with. I did get a few chuckles in self-recognition from your post. Namely, the inability to go much further than the corner deli without my little "go" bag of knitting; my propensity to calculate how many balls of yarn I can buy with the money I'm CONSIDERING spending on something else (and I'm usually putting the "other thing" back these days); and the need to check Knitter's Review several times a day. Even when I don't have a question or a comment to others' posts, I learn something just about every time I log on. And EVERY time I log on, one or more of you make me smile.

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  6:04:41 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
You find bits and pieces of yarn everywhere even in a plant in the bathroom. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Kathe
Chatty Knitter

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  9:01:57 PM  Show Profile Send Kathe a Private Message
Oh my gosh! Am I on "Big Brother" and you are all watching me thru little cameras? EVERYTHING posted here fits me to a "T" . I've even been known to call out from work because I'm knitting something fun and don't want to stop!! How bad is that?

Glad to see I'm not alone.

HK, Kathe

Go to Top of Page

Marjorie
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
605 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  10:48:24 PM  Show Profile Send Marjorie a Private Message
You go for a walk on a beautiful winters day,up into the hills ,stand looking down at the loveliest view with your husband at your side.Peace--roamnce did I hear you say.Wrong all I could think about was ajumper I'm working on at the moment and is turning out really nice and wishing I had it with me.
Marjorie

Go to Top of Page

Mikki67
Warming Up

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  06:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mikki67's Homepage Send Mikki67 a Private Message
...when tips are generously given to you by grateful clients is referred to as "more yarn money", unlike your peers, who use them for essentials...

Mikki
Go to Top of Page

carols
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  07:08:38 AM  Show Profile Send carols a Private Message
When "childproofing" means putting all your knitting needles out of reach...

When you teach yourself how to read and knit at the same time...

Carol

Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  07:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
How about when you start wondering if your phone could be equipped with a headset so you can knit while you talk? These are perfect! Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

Shysmommy
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  08:07:41 AM  Show Profile Send Shysmommy a Private Message
Oh my god everytime I would think of a witty 2 liner I would read it in the next post!!!! you guys are hysterical.....I really think we need to put a call into Knitters anonyomous!!!!!!!!!

If you see someone without a smile give them yours.
Go to Top of Page

Patience
Permanent Resident

USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  09:57:35 AM  Show Profile Send Patience a Private Message
Can I tell you that everytime I'm out with DH, whether to a quick dinner, or shopping, etc. all I can think about is getting home to continue a favorite WIP? My knitting is always the first thing I head for when I get in the door even though many other necessary things are calling my name.

Go to Top of Page

marnita
Chatty Knitter

USA
348 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2002 :  07:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit marnita's Homepage Send marnita a Private Message
...every spare moment at work (where it is inappropriate to knit) is filled with browsing free patterns and knitting blogs for future projects.

...you don't need staples such as space or light to continue to knit. All that is important is the yarn and needles.

...you look at all non-knitters as future knitters.

http://marneysworld.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cedar
Chatty Knitter

101 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2002 :  09:06:16 AM  Show Profile Send Cedar a Private Message
How about -

You have a shiny new MA diploma, but when people come to visit, you show off the baby romper you just finished!

You look forward to conferences because the number of WIPs that have reached that "mindless" stage is building up.

When you go online, you check elann even before your e-mail....

Go to Top of Page

Silver
Warming Up

84 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  12:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Silver's Homepage Send Silver a Private Message
on several occasions, i've had to stop and seriously consider if it would be rude to bring my knitting along when invited to a friends house for dinner. and of course, i later regret that i didn't bring it after all.

in the afternoons, i deliberatly leave to pick up my kids from school 30 minutes early so i can sit in the parent pickup lane and knit.

when buying a new purse, my first consideration is if it has a seperate pocket large enough for small WIPs and tools.

i was more thrilled with myself that i could knit while watching tv, or walking on the treadmil than i was that i could knit a sock.

my next trick will be to learn to knit while sleeping.

Go to Top of Page

digknit
New Pal

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  07:33:33 AM  Show Profile Send digknit a Private Message
How do you knit on the treadmill?!! Did you have to practice knitting and walking first? That would definitely get some looks at my healthclub, although I have often wondered how to combine knitting and working-out. It does take up valuable knitting time, doesn't it?

Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:38:41 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
ROFL

I already knit when I am sleeping but don't get much done then. I frequently fall asleep with my knitting in my hands. The first time, I woke up from dozing and my grandaughter told me I had been knitting and sleeping at the same time. I checked my rows and there were three extra ones on there (I was working on a pattern that required spacing).

Now I am working on a lace tablecloth and every now and then I find a row of plain knitting on it and don't know how it got there.....LOL When I can learn to follow patterns in my sleep, I'll have it made.

Fran

Go to Top of Page

Pookie
Chatty Knitter

255 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  11:02:42 AM  Show Profile Send Pookie a Private Message
You know you're addicted to knitting when you watch something boring on TV just so you can knit! I could care less about baseball but a friend of mine loves it, so I watch it with her so I have the benefit of the "white noise" from the game to keep my mind occupied while my hands are busy knittin' away!

Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  6:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
...you subscribe to dozens of clothing catalogs---so you can rip out pages of things to "design" as knittign projects (Hey, who said that?)

Go to Top of Page

Silver
Warming Up

84 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  6:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Silver's Homepage Send Silver a Private Message
well, my hubby bought me a treadmill after i whined enough that i really wanted one. so i figured, if i must walk, i'll teach myself to knit while walking. i first had to get my balance down, then i started knitting, slooowwwwly. i'm not *really* good at it yet, so i keep my projects small, like face cloths. but it sure does make my hour long walks go by faster, and i can wipe my brow with my newly knitted cloths. lol

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4401 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  8:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
...you routinely pay more attention to sweaters than to the people wearing them. This includes gawking at a stranger's sweater, especially in awkwardly close quarters such as elevators, without realizing what you're doing.

...you have no qualms about playing hookie during business trips so you can check out the local yarn shops instead.

What can I say, these two are my biggest offenders!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

clariestar
Warming Up

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  9:15:23 PM  Show Profile Send clariestar a Private Message
...when you ask your customer "may I place you on hold for a moment" so you can pick up your sock needle!!!! (Not that I would dream of doing such a thing)

Knit the world together, one stitch at a time.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?