Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 How to Use the Knitter's Review Forums
 making my posts fancier
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clevergrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  12:01:48 PM  Show Profile Send clevergrl a Private Message
i have tried to add italics, bold, etc. to my posts, and also to change the color of the text, but i can't seem to do it. i know i must be doing something wrong, but i don't know what that might be. can anyone tell me how you go about adding these things?

Fin, todo tiene un fin
menos el fuego de tus ojos

ET
Sustaining Member

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  12:50:41 PM  Show Profile Send ET a Private Message
Do you usually make your posts in the Quick Reply section (at the bottom of the page)? If so, you should click on the "Reply to Topic" link instead (found at both the top and bottom of a thread). That should open up a different screen where you can type your reply and get all the functions you're looking for.

Edina

"All things are literally better, lovelier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making." John Ruskin
Go to Top of Page

Wovenflame
Seriously Hooked

Canada
812 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  1:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wovenflame's Homepage Send Wovenflame a Private Message
Hi SS. "Fancier" posting requires that you "highlight" what you want to change and then select the right button or drop-down menu from the options above the text box when you are composing your message. There are actual buttons for BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE AND STRIKE-THROUGH. The drop down boxes are for Size Color and changing the font.

Quoting is just a matter of highlighting the text (click and drag your mouse over the text) you want from the other persons message and surrounding it with the following (minus the space......if I put that in it will actually do the quote action. [ quote] at the beginning and [/ quote] at the end. Everything between the bracketed "quote and /quote" will come out in a "quote box" like so:
quote:
can anyone tell me how you go about adding these things?

Give it a try. Then to check to see if it has worked press "preview" instead of "post new reply". If all looks well then close the preview window and hit "post new reply".

-Marlene-
Go to Top of Page

meg54@myway.com

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  5:56:17 PM  Show Profile Send meg54@myway.com a Private Message
this is really awesome, thanks fourfor the lesson!
(I had to try them all)
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  7:16:09 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I have wondered about this myself, thanks for asking the ? and thanks for the great answer.

Zola - Soon to be Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

clevergrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  10:14:45 PM  Show Profile Send clevergrl a Private Message
yay ! i'm fancy! thanks so for the awesome tutuorial, woven flame! this deserves lots of exclamation points because i'm so excited; i've been trying to figure this out for a while!

i'm also glad that others got something out of my question as well.
quote:
I have wondered about this myself, thanks for asking the ? and thanks for the great answer.

quote:
this is really awesome, thanks fourfor the lesson!

jessica

Fin, todo tiene un fin
Go to Top of Page

Wovenflame
Seriously Hooked

Canada
812 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  11:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wovenflame's Homepage Send Wovenflame a Private Message
Awwww Gawrsh! Glad to be of service. (Said with a smile and a bow.) I only knew the answer myself because I had to ask once on another forum.

You do all know that you can get the "smilies" () by clicking on the appropriate one when your curser is in the right position within your post?

-Marlene-
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  11:32:10 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
But please remember pink does not show up well.

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

clevergrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  2:51:57 PM  Show Profile Send clevergrl a Private Message
yes, i see the problem with the pink. it'll be hard to resist, but i'm going to do without it

jessica

Fin, todo tiene un fin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by