Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 Post-Lent yarn feast!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

procrastiknitter
Permanent Resident

Canada
1415 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  09:53:40 AM  Show Profile Send procrastiknitter a Private Message
So, now that Lent and our 'no new yarn' fast is over, what are you going to buy? I am considering knitting the 'Bed and breakfast' sweater, if I can figure out how to get the pattern. Due to the immense beauty of the sweater, I'll be looking to spend some bigger bucks to get the 'perfect' yarn. That's my next purchase. I also intend to make another pair of socks out of Zara merino.

Daydreaming about black and white fitted cardis with 3/4 sleeves...

diana.enky
Permanent Resident

Australia
1092 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  11:27:22 PM  Show Profile Send diana.enky a Private Message
I have been so BAAAD After 2 months of fasting in the past week I have ordered

10 balls Mission Falls cotton in ivory - unsure of project
8 balls of a sapphire/purple angora for Under the Hoodie SnB sleeves
4 balls graphite merino 12 ply for DH
4 balls russet merino 12 ply DH again
20 balls (hee, hee) french blue cotton/wool/lycra for the eyelet hoodie in VK spring
16 balls Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora to make 'something' out of that pattern book

I think this is worse than if I hadn't starved myself. Famine or Feast. At least I haven't been spending money on clothes - at all

Diana
Go to Top of Page

Jacqueline
Gabber Extraordinaire

Australia
509 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  3:04:35 PM  Show Profile Send Jacqueline a Private Message
I didn't actually go on a yarn fast for lent - but on the 1st of April after buying 1 more projects worth of yarn - I decided enough is enough!

I don't have a problem with the amount of yarn in my stash but I do have a problem with the fact that I have all these wonderful projects and ideas just sitting in big plastic boxes and I haven't had time to actually knit them up!

I really want to wear some of these things!!! So I have made a pact that I need to get 6 projects out of the way before I buy yarn for a new one! There is nothing like the excitment of waiting for some yarn to arrive so that you can put it straight on the needles and get knitting immediately. To be honest with you - I strongly doubt I am going to last 6 projects - but I will certainly last the following 4.

-Rowan Denim sweater for b/f- 1 seam left to sew and it is completed
-Elfin cardigan for me (just started the back)
-Jo Sharp wrap cardigan in Black mohair (all swatched and waiting!)
-Rogue Hoodie (all swatched and waiting!)

I've also made another pact with myself that when I start buying yarn again - I will alternate new projects with stash projects. That way I can still experiance the excitment of waiting for some yarn and starting it straight away and I can keep working through my stash too.

Hopefully I can stick to this!!

Jacqueline

PS. I haven't even bought 1 tiny ball of yarn since 1st April ... and I have been out yarn shopping with friends in that time! I have bought some bamboo circulars that I needed for Elfin though (does that count?)

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. Michelangelo
Go to Top of Page

diana.enky
Permanent Resident

Australia
1092 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  9:36:45 PM  Show Profile Send diana.enky a Private Message
quote:
I have bought some bamboo circulars that I needed for Elfin though (does that count?)

Of course NOT - if you need it for an existing project it doesn't count at all.
BTW where did you find bamboo circs in Melbourne ?

Diana
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1932 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  12:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message
I will say that last nite I broke my not self imposed lenten fast. I bought 10 skeins of cascade 220 for a felted jacket from Fiber trends. I've always wanted a felted jacket and so I felt no qualms when my LYS had a 20% off sale and I got the yarn for a decent price and in the colors I like. But I doubt I'll do that again for awhile.

If you lived in the hall of mirrors, you'd be home by now. ~Jon Carroll

http://www.livejournal.com/users/purlewe/
Go to Top of Page

Julie914
Gabber Extraordinaire

481 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  2:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Julie914's Homepage Send Julie914 a Private Message
I just paid tuition for my summer semester classes. Oh, if only I'd had an equal amount to spend on yarn. Woe, woe is me.

And I'd rather knit than learn algebra, that's for darn sure.
Julie

I'd try recreational drugs, but they'd cut into my yarn budget.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe