Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 50 Yards or Less
 Cat toy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Musicknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  7:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Musicknitter's Homepage Send Musicknitter a Private Message
Found this link on knitty.com knitted up the wonton and my three cats love it. The only challenging step was getting the catnip into the toy with my cats around, they wanted to play early
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTdimsum.html
This is great for any scrap yarn laying around....and it's an instant gratification project, it only took a couple hours (while watching TV) for the wonton.

JoanM
Chatty Knitter

Australia
316 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  6:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoanM's Homepage Send JoanM a Private Message
I use scrap yarn, small pieces or long, to crochet a blanket for my poor shivering chihuahua pommy cross. I also used scraps to make a sweater for her. I couldn't find a good pattern so I made it up, it is fastened with velcro. She needs several layers, even though it doesn't get too cold here.
JoanM Adelaide SA
Go to Top of Page

JoanM
Chatty Knitter

Australia
316 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  6:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoanM's Homepage Send JoanM a Private Message
PS
I went to the website, my daughter has cats, and I found a great little Norweigen baby jumper which I just have to knit for my expected Grandchild. Thanks so much.
JoanM Adelaide South Australia
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2661 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  5:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
I made two of these for my brother's cats last Christmas. They are *still* the favorite toys after four months!

Luann

Knit and let knit!
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  6:36:10 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
toys? you actually make toys for your cats? mine find enough fun in everything else...paper towels, we think they think its a rabit, toilet paper, the milk cap, cardboard boxes, a plastic straw...we have a huge thing of toys that dont really get used too much....lol they are really cute tho, they would be torn up in a 3 seconds if i knitted them tho

- Katie

The next generation of knitters :-)

i wanna sheepie...or an alpaca...hmph :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe