Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Talk about shops profiled in Knitter's Review
 SF, CA Art Fibers & ImagiKnit
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scifiville
New Pal

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  2:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scifiville's Homepage Send Scifiville a Private Message
I've visited both of these stores during my annual pilgrimage to San Francisco and love them!

I've ordered online from Art Fibers and visited Art Fibers in person twice and the yarns are just amazing! They're a real treat if you love to play with texture. I particularly like their silk/wool mix worsted weight Sherlock yarn and their Sanskrit yarn made from reused sari waste is very interesting. I've recently ordered a sample of Gypsy a lofty brushed silk and am looking forward to swatching it.

If I had a local yarn store I'd want it to be like ImaginKnit. The selection is incredible and I found the staff very friendly. There was a very relaxed, creative atmosphere in the store and people weren't afraid to sit down in the comfy chairs and start knitting.
I too was lucky enough to visit the store with some of the Bawdies. They're lovely people.

I can't wait until my next visit to the City by the Bay!

Marie in Wales, UK

http://scifiville.typepad.com

SFMichael
Gabber Extraordinaire

437 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  4:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit SFMichael's Homepage Send SFMichael a Private Message
Hi!

I am sooo glad that you enjoyed your visit to our City! Please come back soon!

I also just love ImagiKnit. Fortunately for me it is but 10 blocks from my house and two blocks from where my chorus meets for rehearsal.

Michael

Michael
http://pages.prodigy.net/maecooper/
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  6:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
I will, Michael! You're lucky to live so close to ImagiKnit - and Samovar, for that matter. They were doing the Wizard of Oz singalong at the Castro Theater when I was there, but much to my chagrin I just couldn't make it to one of the showings. You live in the best neighborhood!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Josh A.
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  11:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Josh A.'s Homepage Send Josh A. a Private Message
I have to admit, I felt a little uncomfortable in ImagiKnit... new knitter, wasn't sure what I was looking at, tried to ask questions, didn't get very good service... only felt more uncomfortable... left quickly.

Maybe things will be different come August }:>

Josh A.
N. California -> Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page

Scifiville
New Pal

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  4:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scifiville's Homepage Send Scifiville a Private Message
Hi Josh,

I'm sorry that your visit to ImagiKnit wasn't more comfortable. It can be confusing looking at yarns when you're a new knitter and aren't familiar with the various types. Perhaps the staff just weren't having a good day?

I recently went to a store in Toronto where others had reported bad service and found the staff to be in a good mood. It just goes to show how people can have different experiences in the same store.

I hope that your next visit to ImagiKnit, I assume that's what's happening in August?, is better.

Marie

marieATscifiville.com replace AT with @ to email
http://scifiville.typepad.com - my knitting blog!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe