Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 My Future Projects have gotten out of hand.....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chrisknit
Chatty Knitter

Australia
279 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  1:54:32 PM  Show Profile Send chrisknit a Private Message
Let me see... after I finish the three projects I have going at the moment ... some Patonyle socks - finished the first one,
mohair shawl - only up to row 63, have to concentrate on it and nothing else when working on it
and a blanket for DS out of magic garden lollipop - an ongoing project which is mindless and I can buy yarn as I run out as the dyelots don't matter
What to do next? DS wants a few knitted toys and I'm thinking of making myself a Jo Sharp jumper out of Silk Aran Tweed ( I think it's called) with a scarf in Jo Sharp's mohair - it was in last winter's Vogue I think
I'm tossing up about doing Rogue too or a Debbie Bliss wrap cardigan
But it is hard to decide
Jacqeline, good luck with Elfin, I've heard those ruffles can be a bit tricky. Have you read skinny rabbit's blog on it? Here's the link
http://skinnyrabbit.com/projects/fall2003_elfin.php
And Tam, how did your wrap turn out? Must catch up again after the holidays
Chrissy

Go to Top of Page

Maxtish
Chatty Knitter

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  3:06:50 PM  Show Profile Send Maxtish a Private Message
I can't possibly truthfully answer this question because that would mean I would have to confront the amount of yarn I have and my overly ambitious plans for projects considering the amount of time I have available to knit.... All those gifts for kids I never got around to knitting and are now too big, that impulse purchase at my LYS or on e-bay.... I don't think I can do that yet. I have been spring cleaning and purging things from my closets (clothes, books, miscellaneous stuff) but I don't think I can face my yarn stash yet.
Go to Top of Page

jj1150
Chatty Knitter

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  7:57:26 PM  Show Profile Send jj1150 a Private Message
I have enought yarn (with definite patterns in mind) for at least 6-7 sweaters (very simple styles) and enought sock yarn for about 15 pr. of socks ... and that's it!! Hoping NOT to see anything I think I can't live without for awhile!!
jody
Go to Top of Page

XavierMusketeer
Chatty Knitter

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  2:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit XavierMusketeer's Homepage Send XavierMusketeer a Private Message
Let's see. On the needles are a bag (to be felted) for my SIL, a baby blanket, and a scarf.

Projects I have yarn for but haven't started yet:
--sweater for my daughter for summer
--afghan for my mom (no particular "due" date)
--washcloths
--socks
--felted bag for myself
--cell phone case and/or changepurse to go with the SIL's bag
--some cat toys
--sweater for my daughter for fall/winter

Projects I need yarn for:
--DNA scarf for a friend (need by November)
--Christmas stocking (my first comissioned project!)
--scarf for my pen pal
--Thinking about those knit sweatpants in the spring IK

I usually come up with a project, then buy the yarn when it's on sale. Although sometimes it's the yarn on sale that generates the idea for the project! As for when they will get done, it is usually dependent on the project itself. Like baby things have definite due dates! The DNA scarf has a November due date because that's when my friend's wedding is. So, the projects with due dates get worked on first, while the non-due-date ones get worked on in-between.
Go to Top of Page

~rosie~
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
435 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  07:00:40 AM  Show Profile Send ~rosie~ a Private Message
Let's see...

I'm going to finish the scarf I'm working on in the next few days and am going to immediately start on a baby sweater. (I've been denying it to myself until I finish what I'm on. It's gotten tedious).

I also have yarn and plans for:
-a second baby sweater for another friend
-a third baby sweater for my new niece or nephew due in May
-four asst. "quick" scarves (one chenille T&Q, a couple eyelash, one straight garter homespun)
-hat & scarf set for my Honey
-lacy scarf for mom
-summer sweater for me
-hooded warm sweater for me

Not to mention the afghan and sweater for my Honey that I'm just itching to get the yarn for.

Xavier, where'd ya get the pattern for the DNA scarf? Any pics? I have a couple of med school students who'd love a twisty "DNA" scarf. =)

I'm hopelessly addicted. I'm strung out on yarn.
Go to Top of Page

Jacqueline
Gabber Extraordinaire

Australia
509 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  11:20:45 PM  Show Profile Send Jacqueline a Private Message
Rosie, the pattern for the DNA scarf was in one of the issues of Interweave Knits last year.

Hang on a sec.........waiting waiting waiting......

Sorry I just had to race down the stairs and back to double check.

Now, where was I? There was an article on the DNA scarf in the Fall 2003 edition of Interweave Knits. But I also did an online search and the pattern is available from this website:

http://noodle.pds.k12.nj.us/june/

There is a pdf file to download.

Hope this helps

Jacqueline

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. Michelangelo
Go to Top of Page

caramel93117
Chatty Knitter

USA
322 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2004 :  11:18:12 AM  Show Profile Send caramel93117 a Private Message
Well, I have three items on needles right now including the ever time-consuming baby blanket, a simple poncho, and a scarf that I'm not sure I'll contine making as I really want to get to the sweater that I just bought a huge amount of yarn for.

Give me another year, and I'll probably have about 20 projects going at once. :P

Melissa

"Take your needle, my child, and work your pattern--it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that...one stitch at a time taken patiently."--Oliver Wendall
Go to Top of Page

draymer
Permanent Resident

USA
1490 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  10:06:35 AM  Show Profile Send draymer a Private Message
I've revealed this before, but I will do so again to make others feel better. I have 60+ projects waiting. Definately SABLE, and I am in the uncomfortable position of having to hide yarn purchases from my husband, because he just looks at me, and makes me realize how stupid buying more yarn is. But, I have reached another $50 gift certif. at Elann, and I have about 19 book credits ($2.50 orr on $25) so I have to use those, right?

Debra
Go to Top of Page

~rosie~
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
435 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  5:51:37 PM  Show Profile Send ~rosie~ a Private Message
Jacqueline-

That. Is. So. Cool.

Oh my goodness!

Add that to the list of things to buy yarn for!

Thanks for the link!

I'm hopelessly addicted. I'm strung out on yarn.
Go to Top of Page

DietchGirl
Sustaining Member

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  2:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit DietchGirl's Homepage Send DietchGirl a Private Message
At last count (which was sometime last year) I had enough yarn for 35 projects. That number has definitely increased, which is why I'm now on a yarn fast.

Felicia in NYC

"This is mohair." "Mohair", he said and placed the furry ball on his head. "Mohair for me?" - from a very funny moment with my boyfriend in a LYS.

Yarn Fast started on 2/22/04 (no yarn purchases until Stitches East)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?