Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 Not buying yarn.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitnerd
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  7:03:32 PM  Show Profile Send knitnerd a Private Message
Three times in the past month I have been exposed to yarn on sale and have not bought anything. I don't feel like going to the Smiley's store sale either. This feels strange.

caramel93117
Chatty Knitter

USA
322 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  8:29:42 PM  Show Profile Send caramel93117 a Private Message
Maybe you just haven't been inspired lately. Sometimes we need to take a break from the creative arts. I've stopped buying even sale yarn if I don't have specific project in mind. I just never end up figuring out what to do with it.

Don't worry about it. :) You'll be back, excited about yarn again in no time!

Melissa

"Take your needle, my child, and work your pattern--it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that...one stitch at a time taken patiently."--Oliver Wendall
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  9:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Knitnerd, I have an idea. Every time you pass up the chance to buy yarn, take the amount of money you normally would have spent & put it in a jar. Then when you are hit with the desire again, you will have a nice little nest egg with which to splurge.

--Ssuan T-O in Long Beach CA

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." --Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

Josh A.
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  03:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Josh A.'s Homepage Send Josh A. a Private Message
Susan, you're working for the Yarn now aren't you?

Josh A.
N. California -> Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page

knitnerd
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  8:36:01 PM  Show Profile Send knitnerd a Private Message
I skipped the sale. If the yarn is ment for me, it will be there next time.
Go to Top of Page

Sylvie LG
Warming Up

France
89 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  01:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sylvie LG's Homepage Send Sylvie LG a Private Message
Don't worry, Knitnerd, next time will be the right time!

Susan, you make me laugh, but what a great idea!!! Sometimes I do something like that, I don't buy anything for knitting during one month or two and the month after I can buy something more expensive!

Happy knitting,
Sylvie from France

http://site.voila.fr/chez_mamounette
http://community.webshots.com/user/vivileg
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  07:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
I agree with the others.
At the right time, the right yarn will just call you.

Kimberly, kniting in VA
WIP: 4 FO: 0
Finished Patchworks Squares: 7
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  09:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Susan I like your idea a lot, I'll start it today. My 15 yr old son and I are going to So. Calif to visit in June and I'll use my saved up "dough" for a visit to the shop in Solvang was it called Village Weavers? Can't wait, if their booth at Stitches was so awesome I just might pass out when I walk in their shop! Thanks for the tip. LOL

Dee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?