Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 Tax Attack!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  2:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I should be spending my refund on bills. I certainly have enough of them, and I'm trying so hard to get them under control.

But...

I got my refund back Friday.

I've bought Annie's book (and the coordinating coffee mug)

I've bought $60 worth of yarn from Elann.com and another $55 from another website who's name I've already forgotten but they had bulky alpaca, and that just makes me drool.

Somebody take my bank card away from me - quick!!!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  3:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Hope it's white so you can dye it yourself. ;>

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2010 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  5:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
It's hard to have that check in hand & not spend it on things that bring pleasure, joy & fun!
Martha
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  04:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Ah, geez, now I have to buy more so I can dye it! You're an enabler, Bess... it's one of the reasons I love you so!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  05:28:45 AM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
Rose by Any, we all do it. I cant resist either. I bought a book yesterday that I had no business buying. Ho hum!!!

Lelani

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." White
Go to Top of Page

PamS
Seriously Hooked

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile Send PamS a Private Message
You guys just reminded me--I'm getting a refund this year as well. But then I need the money to pay for the therapy to stop buying yarn! Now what's wrong with this picture?

Got Yarn?

--Pam
Go to Top of Page

storiesr
Sustaining Member

694 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  6:24:53 PM  Show Profile Send storiesr a Private Message
Well, you are all spending my money as I am waiting until 4/15 to send in my tax bill!!!

Laura in NE Indiana

We may not be able to control the wind, but we can direct our sails!
Go to Top of Page

Shellizabeth
Chatty Knitter

Canada
312 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  7:55:40 PM  Show Profile Send Shellizabeth a Private Message
At least you are getting money back!! I will end up owing about 4 grand because we have dumb tax laws in Canada. They didn't take enough tax off my disability cheques so I won't be buying yarn for a while. They do let me pay a monthly amount though, otherwise I would be up a creek with no paddle!! Shellizabeth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe