Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Taos Wool Festival
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatC
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  3:48:19 PM  Show Profile Send PatC a Private Message
Has anyone been to the Taos Wool Festival? It's held on the first weekend of October. I am thinking of going this year. It seems all you folks on the east coast have all the FUN

PatC

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  4:51:37 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
While much closer than the east coast, Taos is still 600+ miles away! I'll have to think about it! Do they have a website?

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth
Permanent Resident

USA
1557 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  08:11:05 AM  Show Profile Send Elizabeth a Private Message
Yahoo! For once, I am near something.

I am only 1 1/2 hours away from Taos. I'll go. I've never been and know nothing about it. Do you have more info??

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

PatC
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  08:59:50 AM  Show Profile Send PatC a Private Message
Go to www.taoswoolfestival.org.

Well, yeah it's not exactly on the west coast but it's west of the Mississippi!

Does anyone know of any other wool festivals in the western sector of the country? I live in the Seattle area and I know there is one in Eugene Oregon. But I have never been to it.

PatC
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  09:09:36 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
There's a festival in Vancouver in August, I think. It's called Connections or something like that.
Rebecca

...found easily in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia...
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  09:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Yay, one near me, too, probably 2 1/2 or 3 hours away. I'll check it out, too! Barb

Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  09:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
I looked at the website, and it sounds like fun! And, no entrance fee. Lots of booths, demos, kids' activities, food, contests. And if we want to, we can tour Kit Carson park, too. It's on my calendar! Maybe we'll do that instead of the state fair this year. Barb

Go to Top of Page

tighniamh
Warming Up

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  11:55:35 AM  Show Profile Send tighniamh a Private Message
I was planning to attend Taos Wool last year but got sidetracked. It's on my list for this year. I'm a little under 500 miles north of there in Longmont Colorado but DH and I like to go camping down in that area. Also there is the Estes Park Wool Festival here in Colorado, and I think I read about one in Pagosa Springs CO in May. I'm going to get to at least one of these this year!
Niamh

Go to Top of Page

baabbette
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit baabbette's Homepage Send baabbette a Private Message
I went to the Wool Market in Estes Park last year. I got some great alpaca and and dyed wool.

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  5:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
For those who can't get to Taos either, don't forget to check our events calendar - there may be something closer to home for you:

http://knittersreview.com/upcoming_events.asp

I've heard nothing but fantastic things about both the Taos Wool Festival and the Estes Park Wool Market. Just the pleasure of being in Taos in October is enough for me... sigh!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

tighniamh
Warming Up

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  10:55:31 AM  Show Profile Send tighniamh a Private Message
For those of you interested in the Estes Park Wool Festival here's the link:

http://www.estesnet.com/events/woolmarket.htm

I'll be there for sure!
Niamh

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth