Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Knitting Retreat: Time for the Questionnaire!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

karenbmiller
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  5:58:45 PM  Show Profile Send karenbmiller a Private Message
I hope I can attend. I also can't commit this far in advance, but I would really like to go.

I too have been to Graves Mountain Lodge. It was twenty three years ago as a freshman in high school on a church youth group retreat. I even looked at some pictures recently. What a neat opportunity to go back.

Karen Miller
Alexandria, VA

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  11:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Some answers to some questions:

We've had 40 responses as of Friday night.

Price includes 3 meals (3
enormous meals).

We will try to work out a discount for non knitting FOK, LOK, COK, BFOK'S (Families Of Knitters, LoversOfKnitters, ChildrenOfKnitters, BestFriendsOfKnitters)
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2002 :  04:26:27 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Wow, 40. If we bring FOK, DOK and LOK, then it sounds like we'll take Graves over for the weekend! There shouldn't be any problem with group rates, I guess.

Another question: September or November? Which way is the voting going?

Bess, if you need me to do anything let me know. I can help over the summer big time because I'm off from school.

Thanks again for all the leadership and footwork that you're doing in response to my vacation idea. I hope it all works out and that I get to meet other knitters in the area.

Thanks,
Rebecca

...found easily in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia...
Go to Top of Page

BlueStocking
Sustaining Member

USA
945 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  11:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueStocking's Homepage Send BlueStocking a Private Message
I just sent in the questionnaire ... knowing that it's late but hoping maybe to get in anyway!

Graves Mountain is a nice place ... they also have a great blue grass festival in June ... great place to pick for a knitting weekend! Hope I can join you!

Jennifer

Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  1:42:54 PM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Yay! November! I get to go!

Thanks Clara and Bess for getting the retreat organized. I am definitely committed. To the retreat, that is.

Rebecca

...found easily in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia...
Go to Top of Page

Mom2CK
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  1:59:36 PM  Show Profile Send Mom2CK a Private Message
November sounds great. I'm sending in my questionnaire now -- haven't posted here for a while but do want to go on the retreat and me other obsessed knitters (see "Knitters Anonymous" thread here on KR. Yeah - I'm one of those. I'm in the process of sneaking home 10 skeins of merino "Zara" that I won on ebay and had delivered to my office. (Counts toward "knitting in secret" don't you think!)

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  7:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Glad you're finally committed, Rebecca! Since you initiated the entire idea, it was only fair (and a welcome coincidence) that the November date won out. This way you can bring pictures of your sailing expedition!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

MissPooh
Angel

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2002 :  05:35:24 AM  Show Profile Send MissPooh a Private Message
I am really looking forward to this. I haven't told DH he might be allowed to come with me if he promises to behave himself. Maybe I'll surprise him at the last minute.

I'm off to my brother's Army reunion this weekend in Arlington, VA. It promises to be interesting. If they show the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial on TV news, look for me in the VIP section. You don't know what I look like? Just use your imagination and when we meet in November you can see if you picked out the right person.

Mary Lou
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  05:54:53 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
I`m with Patience.Love to go,also.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by