Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 OTT Lights
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

susnp25
Chatty Knitter

Australia
346 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  9:58:57 PM  Show Profile Send susnp25 a Private Message
Well I have finally found an OTT light in Australia. My local Spotlight (craft store and home decor supplies) had a couple yesterday tucked away on a shelf, hardly making a feature of them. They were not the ones with the magnifier,just the little ordinary rectangular shape ones that I think are about $80 normally in the US for ***$189.95***
Now I know it has to travel to Australia but they are only small, so I hardly think a shipment of them is going to make each one so much dearer even with a bit of profit and shipping thrown in. I don't think I shall be buying one here. Seeing our dollar is getting better and better I will find a special and buy one from the US. Is there any specials on at the moment that anyone knows about? I am in no hurry as I have a magnifying light but its big with a moveable arm and needs to be clamped to sit anywhere. I can use it in the lounge but the OTT lite looks very neat and would do the same thing, probably the little rectangular one with the magnifier would be best seeing I am used to that. Thanks, Susan

chrisknit
Chatty Knitter

Australia
279 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  12:22:33 AM  Show Profile Send chrisknit a Private Message
Susan I saw one at Lincraft too, but I couldn't see a price. My hubby and son were with me at the time, and getting a bit antsy, so next time I'm there by myself I'll check with a salesperson - if I can find one, very hard in that store I find.
Chrissy
Go to Top of Page

susnp25
Chatty Knitter

Australia
346 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  04:00:31 AM  Show Profile Send susnp25 a Private Message
Oh Chrissy,
I feel terrible as now I think on it, it was Lincraft I saw the light. In the Myer Centre in Adelaide is Lincraft but there is a walkway to the building next door and one floor down is Spotlight and I was in both on Sunday looking at the bargains and it was at Lincraft I saw the the light. I couldn't believe the $189.95 price tag though. I know they would be wired for Aussie use but I think the ones from America with an adaptor would be fine here. I have the adaptor already my son in law left one last time they were here. Even with shipping from the States it still wouldn't be anywhere near that price. I could get it send to my daughter in CT and pick it up from her when we go over in March. All I need is another Joanns special and a 50% off coupon and I'd be set. Susan.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe