Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 MD Sheep & Wool
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  1:21:19 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
Rebecca,

No they are not. I know, I am from Mars.

Fran Marrs

Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  3:30:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Gee, I thought spending like a man meant never buying anything...that's what I get for hanging around with the same guy for 30 years!! Lissa, where can I get one of those t-shirts? I read about the Knit and Crochet Out, and was just thinking maybe we can get one of those going out here in the old west! Hope you guys have fun in Maryland! Barb

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  4:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Hey Rebecca - did you happen to see the KR ad in the festival booklet? Mine hasn't arrived yet, and I'm dying to know if it came out OK. (Note: Even if it doesn't look OK, humor me!)

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  8:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Hi, Barb (and everyone else!) The DC Knit-Out and Crochet, Too! t-shirt will be available on the Website (knitoutcrochet.org) in a few days - we're all volunteers, and our webmaster has been really busy! I'll keep up on it, and let you know when the order form is posted. If you catch it first, will you let the rest of us know? Thanks! (Oh, I just remembered - we'll have them at MD Sheep and Wool, too, if you're coming...)

Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  2:39:10 PM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Clara,
I saw the KR ad and it looked fantastic!

Rebecca

...found easily in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia...
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2002 :  1:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
As a sort of spite thing from the boss it turns out I'll have to work part of the day Saturday the 4th - but I'll be done here around 1:30, it will supply me with a little extra cash, and I can be at the Howard County Fairgrounds around 4 or 4:30... so I'll be looking for everyone! (and just a guess here, but I'll probably be wearing green!)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2002 :  8:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Don't forget to come back on Sunday, Amie!!

Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  3:47:12 PM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
It turns out that I had already agreed to dinner with my family on the way home, so I must honor that promise. I will not be able to see you at the Shepherd's Feast on Saturday. We'll probably leave around 4 or 5.

Sorry to hear your boss is making you come in on Saturday, but we all have to do that from time to time.

I am still looking forward to meeting other knittersreview people on Saturday and will look for Lissa in her purple t shirt!

Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

MichelleKS
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  06:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit MichelleKS's Homepage Send MichelleKS a Private Message
I am planning on attending, but I am not sure which day. I've been waiting all year for this one! The biggest joy is that it is only about 30 minutes from my house - - soooooo I can go both days, if I can break away from the husband and daughter.

Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2002 :  05:14:02 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Bring the husband and daughter. I'm bringing mine. They have lots of kids' activities planned this year. My daughter is 8, how old is yours?
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  4:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Okay guys - this is just one week away. I plan to come on Saturday and stay the whole day. Can anybody suggest a spot or time or place to meet? Does anybody planning on coming have a knitted scarf pin yet? i don't but I do have my Opal socks and maybe i'll have a scarf by then. anybody out there? Lissa? Rebecca? do you have a suggestion for when/where? I'm going to be traveling with another family and will be somewhat tied to their schedule, but mostly I think with arival and departure sorts of things.

Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  8:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
HI Bess. I've never been before, so I can't suggest a location. Juts let me know what everyone decides, and give me a clue as to how to find the location, and I'll be there. In the meantime, for impromptu get-togethers, I'll be wearing the purple Knit-Out T-shirt. I'm planning to make (tomorrow - I'm SO excited!) a turquoise scarf pin and affix it with an earring with a locking back. Just find me, (my long, red hair may be braided, if it's warm...) and I'm sure we can attract a crowd!

Go to Top of Page

MichelleKS
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  11:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit MichelleKS's Homepage Send MichelleKS a Private Message
I most likely will bring the husband and daughter - mine is 5. I think we will go on Saturday. I can't wait!
quote:

Bring the husband and daughter. I'm bringing mine. They have lots of kids' activities planned this year. My daughter is 8, how old is yours?
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  08:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
My KR Mascot is DONE! It's a bright turquoise with black fringe. Can't wait to meet all of you on SATURDAY!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Marjorie
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
605 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  1:34:10 PM  Show Profile Send Marjorie a Private Message
Have a nice day at the show.I hope the weathers fine for you and you buy heaps.Don't forget to report back.
Regards
Marjorie

Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  3:11:31 PM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Hi everyone,
Looking at the festival booklet there are a number of places we could meet up. There is the mobile classroom and the Kids Tent, the Fair Office where the rest rooms are and Building 1 (t-shirt sales), Building 2, Building 3 (food). The Mayan Backstrap Weavers are near the 4-H building.

I'll be arriving around noon and will probably be focused on the kids tent and vendors for the afternoon. We could meet at 1 or 2 if you like at any of the above locations.

My scarf is almost done. It's a little purple one with fringe.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all at last.
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  12:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Hi all,

It looks as if the timing gods have thwarted me again. The much-anticipated KR cards have been scheduled to roll off the presses first thing Monday morning. Since the press is many hours away, there's no way I can do the press check and fly down to the festival to see you all.

Please know I'm extremely sad and disappointed that I won't get to meet you. The festival is in your hands now - take lots of pictures and report back about everything you see! Don't miss the auction, where you can bid on all sorts of amazing, old spinning- and weaving-related accessories. Sigh...

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  1:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
ACK! No Clara? Maybe no Bess?

We will very much miss seeing you both!

As for a meeting place for the rest of us - didn't someone tell me we'd try to meet somewhere near food sometime around dinnertime? (I know, I'm incredibly helpful)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  2:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
boo hoo

And I have my scarf mascot pin to match my mismatched Opal socks.

But it looks like i am going to have to miss the show. I just don't have the energy to drive myself and all the rides i had have melted away.

so.

I promise

i will get busy organizing a KR vacation for middle atlantic states. If i can't meet you one place I will meet you somewhere else.

Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Bess - where do you live? Would a carpool be possible for anyone?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?