Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Clara's Throw is done!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  6:33:46 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
OK, what am I missing. Where is the picture posted?

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  8:05:33 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Have you sent it to Clara yet? If so what did she think?

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  12:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Wow, it looks great, Lizzi! I wish I could be there when Clara opens it up!! Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  06:17:23 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Go back to the beginning of the topic Anita. Lizzi has the address to the photo's posted there. Enjoy!

quote:
Originally posted by achrisvet

OK, what am I missing. Where is the picture posted?

Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  08:01:20 AM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
Yes...what does Clara think????

Food, Gas, Rent.. and Yarn
Go to Top of Page

lizzi
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  09:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit lizzi's Homepage Send lizzi a Private Message
Actually, no, the link isn't anywhere on this thread. My bad!

http://demonbaby.tripod.com/blog

And I sent it to Clara a week ago, so she should be getting it any time now....I'm dying to know what she thinks!

Lizzi
http://amimono.blogspot.com

"Talk is cheap, but lies are expensive/ my wallet's fat, and so is my head" --Green Day, Walking Contradiction
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  12:15:59 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by lizzi

Actually, no, the link isn't anywhere on this thread. My bad!

http://demonbaby.tripod.com/blog

And I sent it to Clara a week ago, so she should be getting it any time now....I'm dying to know what she thinks!

Lizzi

"Talk is cheap, but lies are expensive/ my wallet's fat, and so is my head" --Green Day, Walking Contradiction

Oh thank you. I thought I was loosing my mind.

It looks wonderful. I know she will love it. Who made the square witht he bumble bee? That is so cute!

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page

lizzi
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  1:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit lizzi's Homepage Send lizzi a Private Message
The bumblebee square is by GFTC.

Lizzi

Go to Top of Page

virtualpurl
Gabber Extraordinaire

409 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2003 :  07:59:56 AM  Show Profile Send virtualpurl a Private Message
It looks great. Lizzi, you did a wonderful job. Thanks for doing it.
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  3:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
WOW!!!!

Holy moly, you guys! The throw arrived today and I'm positively stunned, tickled pink and purple, humbled to the point of tears and pretty much speechless.

I LOVE IT

It's absolutely beautiful, both physically and symbolically. Each swatch is its own little book I can sit and read for hours and hours (or at least until the comforting warmth and weight of the throw puts me to sleep!).

I love all the different yarns and colors and textures and stitches each of you chose. Lizzi, you did a fantastic job of putting all the pieces together - I couldn't have done it better.

Wrapping this around me is almost a magical, goosebump-inducing experience. I know it sounds hokey, but so be it. Any time I need comfort or warmth or reassurance, I need only pick up the throw and wrap it around my shoulders.

I can't possibly express how much this means to me.

(Clara pauses to try and find words anyway, but fails...)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and again thank you.

Clara
Your humble and grateful Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  5:10:48 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Awesome feeling isn't it Clara...made me speechless also. Almost drove me to tears! At least you got to open yours in the privacy of your own home....I was in front of tons of friends I had yet to meet! You're right tho' the warmth and love that emits from the throw is magical! I still get it with mine.

Go to Top of Page

lizzi
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  6:09:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit lizzi's Homepage Send lizzi a Private Message

Lizzi

Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  6:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
This is so cool! I am glad you like it, Clara. You must read my post, in the earlier topic, I think, where I told how it got orange stripes. LOL Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  10:14:30 PM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
Oh goody!!! I am so glad it was a hit :) It's like a superhero's cape that you can wrap around your shoulders any time you need validation and empowerment.

And lizzi -- once again, you rock for the sewing up!!

Food, Gas, Rent.. and Yarn
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  07:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Lizzi,

You are amazing, that you so much for a wonderful community project. The way you were able to post pictures and the finished product made this really fun to watch as it grew. Too cool!

Clara,

You are one lucky lady as I am sure you know, doesn't it just make you feel all warm inside? Oh wait, that's the quilt doing that! Enjoy this treasure as you are most deserving. Oh and just in time for January winds. Great timing Lizzi!

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  1:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Hey that's true, it makes a perfect superhero cape, complete with the bee and crown insignia in the middle. That was absolutely and totally over the top.

And yes, Vicky, that was kinda cruel to make you open your throw in front of 60 of your closest friends (!) at the retreat, all eagerly watching for your reaction. As for me, I sat quietly in my room for quite a long time, just holding and admiring this throw and letting the feelings sink in, before announcing anything to the world. Even my cat didn't know what was going on (but then again, considering how much he sleeps, this wasn't much of a surprise).

Thank you again everybody - this is truly a treasure and an experience I'll never, ever forget.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  3:59:07 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
glad u like it!!

A life without God is hardly a life at all.
Go to Top of Page

RipKo
Chatty Knitter

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  4:45:44 PM  Show Profile Send RipKo a Private Message
Lizzi,

You did a wonderful job organizing and putting together the throw. Thank you!!

Clara,

I'm so glad you like it. You're such a warm and wonderful person. Thank you for all you do!!

-Dawn

<:0)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by