Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Staff development knitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dschmidt Posted - 07/28/2009 : 4:21:58 PM
Thanks God for knitting! Our school superintendent thought it would be great if we had 3, yes 3, extra days of staff development and I decided the only thing that would keep me from screaming would be knitting. I've knit about 16 inches of a scarf for the Red Scarf Project and I am only knitting this during staff development. Normally I find scarves really boring but the repetitive k2, p2 is satisfying while hearing the same old things come around yet again and be touted as new and exciting.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dschmidt Posted - 07/30/2009 : 3:59:56 PM
The new superintendent thinks that it was great idea to use stimulus funds to add 3 staff development days to our contracts and, boy, it was overload. What's even better is that this is the first year we haven't been given staff development evaluation forms. Obviously teachers' opinions are not wanted. Today was a good day because I could spend the day actually working in my room getting ready for real live children.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
noallatin Posted - 07/29/2009 : 05:45:03 AM
We have two days of staff development scheduled. The morning of one day is supposed to be a district wide conference with all staff and faculty included (8 elem, 2 MS, 2 HS. Last year it was held in a restored theatre with extremely uncomfortable bench seats in the galleries. I'm either going to work on socks, or start on pieces for my Penrose afghan.
jtamsn Posted - 07/29/2009 : 04:18:33 AM
Sounds like another "productive" meeting to me. I just heard about the Red Scarf Project, sounds like a great project for an educator.
judy
ClimberKnits Posted - 07/28/2009 : 7:23:02 PM
Gads!! 3 days. Are you just sitting sponges, too? I so hope you are getting paid to be there.

I've been in graduate level classes for the last two days with eight more to go. The morning sessions have been hands-on and active. The afternoon? Meh.... Five semester hours for free, with no costs for materials was too good to ignore. It will also move me to the Maters Plus 20 Hours column on our pay scale.

I thought about taking knitting, but it's a pretty small group and thought it might look rude. Tomorrow we're actually going out to a local employer that is very interested in the STEM project in education, I've heard great things about their initiatives.

Are you doing the k2,p2 as a straight rib or as "mistake rib?" I really love the fabric the mistake rib produces for scarves.

Knit On,
Denise

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe