Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Gadgets
 LED-lighted Hats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NastiJ Posted - 11/08/2013 : 10:53:04 PM
This might appeal to some knitters:
http://www.thegrommet.com/powercap-hands-free-flashlight

Looks a little better than a strap-on "headlight"

quote:
PowerCaps are cotton baseball hats with patented, ultra bright LEDs cleverly tucked under the brim for easy on/easy off, hands free light. Created by avid outdoorsmen at Illinois based PantherVision, these high quality, comfortably fitting caps have built in bulbs that provide visibility for distances up to 42 feet. The lights can also be seen from a mile away, and with battery life up to 43 hours, these hats have long lasting power that live up to their name.

I have no connection to the makers - just thought the hats might be useful for crafters

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucybug Posted - 11/11/2013 : 4:47:56 PM
I have one of those hats -- haven't tried it for knitting but I think I would get a crick in my neck keeping it pointed down. We got them for camping thinking they may take the place of flashlights when walking around the campground, but not so much -- at least for us.

We have headlamps for hiking and snowshoeing after dark but always crack up when we have to wear them because we had originally gotten some for the dogs to wear around their necks at night at home. Those are called Pup Lights so of course now ours are too. We live in the mountains and have a very large, steep backyard. One of our dogs is very active and we'd look out the window and see this little light bobbing and running around the yard. Its very funny but a good way to keep track of him.

Pam in the Colorado mountains
Janettoo Posted - 11/09/2013 : 8:24:30 PM
I really like my strap-on headlight, but I wear it around my neck instead of on my forehead. That puts the light on my knitting or book or whatever and not into anyone's eyes.

I used it a lot when I had to wait picking up children (teens actually) from evening classes or activities.

Janet in TN

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe