Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Great way to send gifts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grand-moogi Posted - 03/15/2013 : 02:46:36 AM
My grandchildren are in a small town in Tasmania called Geeveston. Mail takes at least 5 days to get there and every gift has its cost increased by the postage. It was K's 8th birthday on Tuesday so I got onto the web and looked up a site that my son has done for the local businesses. It is Geeveston.net
The front page shows links to lots of shops in Geeveston so I contacted a few of them and sent them a bit of money and they did up gift packs etc. Then I sent her an ecard and instructed her to go to these shops and collect her surprises. My daughter in law has emailed me twice saying that the gifts were a great success and that it was a wonderful idea and in another email about what an awesome idea it was. Really it is such an easy way to get a gift to a child. The shop keepers have apparently entered into the spirit of things and at La Forrest Cafe where I paid a modest amount toward a birthday dinner for the family, they put a note into an envelope and decorated it all with birthday greetings etc. My son said he has taken photos so I guess I will see them as soon as he loads them on to flickr or wherever.
I thought I would let my friends at knitters review know because you don't always get to give them knitted items and this was actually fun to do and I did not have to leave the house.

I knit a hug into every stitch
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 03/16/2013 : 10:04:06 AM
Yes, wonderful idea. Sounds almost like a treasure hunt for the family. And a great idea to support the local shop owners in a small town.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
eldergirl Posted - 03/15/2013 : 8:10:44 PM
That is a wonderful idea, and I will try to use it for my grandchildren in France!

Anna

Life is beautiful.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe