Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Guild and Group Info
 Update from Monday night group

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grand-moogi Posted - 09/03/2012 : 10:04:23 PM
In past posts I have told you about one of our Members, Diane, who started out to knit a full length lace coat. I have told you how she knitted about 5 tension squares before she was happy and then how she kept pulling it undone and starting again even when she had already knitted more than a ball of yarn. We eventually showed her how to do a life line. I think I also told everyone how she was sitting up in bed and knitting one night and her partner (probably wanting her to go to sleep) took hold of the end of her needle which resulted in all her stitches coming off with a whoosh. She remonstrated sufficiently well that he sent her a huge bunch of flowers at work next day by way of apology and has never laid a finger on her knitting needles since. Apparently she told him that he was very lucky that we had shown her how to do a "stress line" otherwise he would have been in even bigger trouble.
Well last night the coat was finally finished, all bar the last row .... when she ran out of yarn.
She is not worried. She said she can get more on line.

I knit a hug into every stitch
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eldergirl Posted - 09/04/2012 : 7:11:31 PM
Wonderful story!

Persistence is a huge part of success!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
jtamsn Posted - 09/04/2012 : 6:24:23 PM
That will be one precious coat! I hope she takes pictures and if she keeps a knitting journal she may one day look back and laugh.
judy
robinstephanie Posted - 09/04/2012 : 09:24:15 AM
NNNNOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

Amazing, she is so resilient. Can't wait to hear what she knits up next. Please tell her congratulations from your gang over here.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe