Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 Sweater Wizard program

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Janetcweiss Posted - 02/22/2011 : 09:32:19 AM
Has anyone used this program? I know I can create patterns on it, but I am also looking for a program that will easily calculate how to alter an existing pattern to fit my measurements, and to tell me how to change the pattern to adjust for using a different gauge and yarn. I know I can do this myself, but somehow I am never very accurate, since I just started knitting a year ago. Thanks!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Katieelizabeth28 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 04:03:30 AM
Hi there, do any of you know if this program works for machine knitters?
Regards, Katie
Shalee Posted - 02/22/2011 : 10:26:31 AM
Sweater Wizard will give you a basic pattern, calculate where a centered pattern should be, many functions.

I first swatch my yarn in various patterns to determine which looks best with the yarn and get my gauge. You input the size you want, needle sizes for cuff & body, both stitch and row gauge. You choose the style, length, etc. Then the pattern comes up for you to save and print.

As to adjusting an existing pattern, you will have to do some manipulating, but not much. I use it all the time and wouldn't be without it!

I also rely heavily on Stitch & Motif Maker for any pattern that I want to chart. I choose a pattern and chart it to fit the project I am making. After I print it I enlarge it so I can see it easier.

I would not want to be without either program! In fact, I am going to go on to my Sock Wizard program today to check something out! Then there is their interactive Sleeve Wizard! You can tell I'm spoiled, but they are all time savers and I love them!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe