Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Kia Ora

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Keiryberry Posted - 02/14/2014 : 11:37:04 AM
I am a NZer currently living in Paris, France. (So, lucky!). My mother and my Aunt Hilda started teaching me to knit when I was about 6 years old, (I am 56 now). I have a vague memory of trying hard to knit with very tight stitches, but by time I was 8 or 9 I could knit. I have been knitting on and off since and in the last 4 or 5 years have been knitting constantly with renewed passion. I am loving my time in Paris as I'm having a break from my career job to indulge a few creative pastimes: knitting and writing a blog. I've made lots of new knitting friends, online and in person, since I've been here in Paris.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Keiryberry Posted - 03/07/2014 : 01:25:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by donnawatk

Hi Keiryberry, Welcome from Chicago. You have to tell me how are the knit shops? Donna

The knit shops are great! There are many.....and I'm making it my personal mission to visit as many as possible. I've become a regular at the Tricot soirée (knit night) at L'Oisivethe. It's wonderful to meet up with local French knitters and several Anglophones, it's a very convivial group. We even featured on French national TV last week. I've written about some of the yarn stores on my blog (www.keirybeesparis.wordpress.com). I've still got more visits to make and stories to write......
jtamsn Posted - 03/01/2014 : 05:29:45 AM
Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy all KR has to offer!
Judy
donnawatk Posted - 02/17/2014 : 08:48:22 AM
Hi Keiryberry, Welcome from Chicago. You have to tell me how are the knit shops? Donna

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe