Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Gadgets
 Embellish Knit for I-cord

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Munchkn Posted - 02/08/2014 : 8:46:32 PM
I got an Embellish Knit gadget to make some I-cord to connect my granddaughter's mittens. There are some decent videos on youtube that show how to set it up and how to get started. I did succeed in making a short length of I-cord, but not enough to make a mitten cord for my granddaughter. I've just been having trouble with the device. I finally figured out that the yarn tends to slip out of one the gadget's needles. I've been using the recommended weight of yarn, but maybe I need some lighter -lace weight even. I would have gotten the damn I-cord made by now if I hadn't been fooling around with this device and just knit the I-cord by hand on double points!

Has anyone else ever used an Embellish Knit? Any tips on using it?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Munchkn Posted - 02/10/2014 : 9:34:58 PM
I'm going to knit the I-cord on double points. Now if my dachshund will cooperate by staying off my lap!
Munchkn Posted - 02/09/2014 : 1:55:29 PM
Thanks for the tip! I'll search for the topic.
anderknit Posted - 02/09/2014 : 10:39:46 AM
There's a very old thread on this - you might want to search for it and see if there are any useful tips there. I recall that most people had lots of trouble. I myself bought one and ended up returning it, but I'm less patient than most.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe