Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Knitters pride Karbonz needles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lucybug Posted - 01/28/2014 : 12:24:31 PM
I'm probably late to the party, but just bought my first pair of Karbonz needles. They're DPNs (not my favorite type of needle) and I used them for sleeves. I LOVE them!!! The combo of metal tips (brass?) and smooth wood is fantastic. If I had a lot of money I would replace all of my needles right now. I may start with the set of DPNs since I hate knitting with them.

Anyone else use them?

Pam in the Colorado mountains
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Catlover Posted - 02/15/2014 : 11:27:32 AM
I bought a set of DPNs and don't like them. Unfortunately the points bump into each when I am knitting and make an annoying sound. Very disappointing. It's back to wood, bamboo, or regular metal for me.
ikkivan Posted - 02/14/2014 : 4:08:16 PM
Miriam, I rarely ever use any of the shiny needles because of that problem; my eyes must be worse than yours. The glare is very bothersome to me, sort of like the glare from a shiny part of the car in front of me on a sunny day that almost causes a wreck. I love how fast the Addi turbos are, but I just can't use them or I have a headache. Yes, even just the tips on the Signatures do the same thing.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Mshark Posted - 01/31/2014 : 11:22:56 AM
I totally loved the feel of these needles but wonder if anybody else had the same weird thing happen I did -- they hurt my eyes (and no ... I didn't poke my eyes with the needles!). I think maybe the points are just too shiny for my old eyes. I've never had this happen with any other needle in any material. I ended up giving away the couple of circs I had bought, sadly, because they felt fabulous. Anybody else had this experience?

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

unclejoey Posted - 01/30/2014 : 07:04:56 AM
I got a set of the deluxe, interchangeable Karbonz circulars for Christmas. I had already bought some of the DPNs and liked them a lot. My only complaint is that they're a little pointy. For me this takes a little getting used to. Otherwise, I'm very happy with them.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe