Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 The Yarn Boutique

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marfa Posted - 01/04/2014 : 09:38:04 AM
How do.

Thank you, Queen Bee, for this review of these wonderful yarns. Local works for me!

This shop, being located in MD, makes me long for a road trip. We are in the Philly area & a road trip to MD sounds pretty darn cool.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Barb G Posted - 01/05/2014 : 12:28:22 PM
I am happily waiting for a first-time order from The Woolen Rabbit. As you mentioned it's usually a hit or miss when choosing colors online that the colors ordered, regardless of site, meet your expectations. I've even done comparisons, site by site, of the yarn colors and found them all to be somewhat different from each other. Color is so subjective and I found calling the shops/online vendors usually helps me make a good decision. I found a pattern on Ravelry that used yarn from The Woolen Rabbit, loved the colors and ordered it. I'll let you know the end of the story when the yarn arrives. And as you mentioned, we're supporting independent vendors, a bonus all the way around.
stitchellen Posted - 01/04/2014 : 10:50:56 AM
The review of the boutique line captured my interest.I spent a long time on The Yarn Boutique web site, and I am particularly interested in Susquehanna fingering weight. My overall reaction to all of the lines is that color selection is very limited. An all-too-common failure of online yarn sources is that of giving colors interesting names but no descriptions of the colors or color mixes. Is "midnight" black or dark blue or gray? The swatch looks brown on my screen. I don't think of midnight as brown. Impossible to determine from a photo; it's dark something. What I see on my monitor too often is far from what I see when the actual yarn arrives, and I give high preference to those vendors who do describe the colors accurately. The Yarn Boutique's "jade" appears aqua on my screen, but my concept of jade is a range from celadon to dark green. I love to support independent vendors, and it seems so easy to give an accurate, or at least ball park, color description. A recent vendor discovery that does describe colors accurately, based on my admittedly thus far limited experience, is Woolen Rabbit. I live in a local yarn shop wasteland.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe