Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nliedel Posted - 12/23/2013 : 02:38:28 AM
I'm Nancy. I am married, just turned fifty, have four boys and knit. I also sew, crochet, belly-dance, do yoga, run and love to read. Since doing all that and reading are hard, it's books on tape now. Yes, I know it's a computer and digital, but on tape is as high tech as I talk. I'm an eight times published romance author, but that's a pen name and I don't share, it's just nice to be actually published and paid for writing.

We are working on our home, which we thought would be done a year ago. We've barely started. I think that's the way it always goes. I have a sixteen year old, along with the others. He hates me. I think that means I'm doing something right.

I Dye for Knits
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marfa Posted - 01/08/2014 : 6:51:52 PM
How do.

Welcome to the Forum, Nancy. What a great & varied background you have. Congrats on being a published author. You are one busy busy woman!

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
robinstephanie Posted - 01/08/2014 : 10:14:11 AM
I took a Belly Dance class once. I LOVED it. Keep meaning to take more classes. Possibly your post will inspire me... (For Pete's sake, really, there's a studio on my street, six blocks away.)

I am also a big fan of books on tape, and I love saying it. "Books on tape." Sounds so seventies, but hey, that's my era and I'm stickin' with it.

Welcome to KR, from San Francisco.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
nliedel Posted - 12/31/2013 : 04:54:48 AM
I started to learn in Chicago with Jasmine Jahal. She is great. I was 325 lbs then. I'm much smaller now, although not my smallest. I have some to lose again. Gack. Belly dance is for women of all sizes. Trust me on this one. It's fun and great exercise that is not too much when you start out larger. It started me. Not that it's for everyone and Jasmine is a great teacher, but she is also very...I love her but there is but one way to do moves and in reality it's not that way. She laid a great foundation though. I lived in Chicago for many years. I miss it. Downtown with kids though, not for us. :)

I Dye for Knits
donnawatk Posted - 12/30/2013 : 10:51:40 AM
Hi Nancy, I have always wanted to learn how to belly dance. I just have to much belly and stiff to do it. Welcome from Chicago. Donna
jtamsn Posted - 12/29/2013 : 6:32:17 PM
Welcome to the forums from Maine! Lots of knitting inspiration to be found here.
Judy
Rwats2 Posted - 12/24/2013 : 9:36:59 PM
Hi Nancy,
Welcome to KR Boards. This is the best place to be. The Group is fun. If you have a question, there is always some one with an answer or solution.
ozknitter Posted - 12/23/2013 : 9:18:49 PM
Hi Nancy,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums, I too am married and have a son and a daughter.

I have knitted since I was 8 and I am now 59.

I actually learned how to crochet this year from YouTube, I don't know why I found it so hard to do in the first place.

You are also an author, wow that truly is amazing, you sound like such a talented lady.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Australia

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe