Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mianeser Posted - 09/30/2013 : 07:29:34 AM
Hi,
My name is Mia. I have some experience in knitting from 28 years ago when I owned a Juki double bead jacquard knitting machine with punch cards. Also had a separate caragge for lace type knitting.
I sold the knitting machine when I left Romania in 1986.
My machine was made in Japan and I hope to find something very similar to that here in the USA. Can someone give me some advice about that type of equipment?

Thank you,
Mia
Mianeser@yahoo.com
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shalee Posted - 10/03/2013 : 10:42:48 AM
Hi Mia, from NW PA. I do have both a flat bed w/ ribber knitting machine and 2 circular sock knitting machines (CSM's). I purchased all 3 new. I wasn't even aware of the CSM's until after I bought the flat bed. LOL

Knitting machines are expensive and I'm not to sure how many companies are still making the flat bed machines like you had. Mine was manufactured in China. My CSM's were made here in the U.S.

If you do a search on the internet you will find reputable dealers for knitting machines.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

jtamsn Posted - 10/02/2013 : 3:29:55 PM
Welcome to the forums, Mia, from Maine. I too, know nothing about knitting machines, but I'm sure there are others who do. Also, you may want to check out the machine knitting threads.
judy
Mshark Posted - 09/30/2013 : 1:26:20 PM
Hi Mia -- I just wanted to be one of the first to say "welcome". I don't know anything at all about knitting machines but I do know that the knitters on this site are amazingly knowledgeable and I'll bet somebody will have good information for you soon!

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe