Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 What's on your list?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marfa Posted - 04/19/2013 : 04:51:04 AM
How do.

We know it has been a rugged week for the US as a country w/the Boston Marathon tragedy & the tragedy & deaths w/ the factory fire in Texas & on personal/professional levels, so many of us have had full plates. One way we know we find comfort is to hit on our knitting bags. For me, it's plural & many are Lanea bags that I have bought at the KR Retreat, Rhinebeck or at MD.

So, what items are in my knitting bags? Thanks for asking.
* the 1st sock w/yummy Spirit Trail sock yarn which is almost done!
* the 2nd sock for my wonderful partner, 2 or so inches to go
* a Jayne hat, binding off w/the ear flaps to go
* a really sweet simple shawl. 1/4 done
* the bottom 1/3 of a sweater that I am ambivalent about - to frog or to turn into a vest.

Please share - a little good news please.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marfa Posted - 06/29/2013 : 12:24:24 PM
How do.

Back in mid-April when I began this thread, I had been thinking & thinking about a Gatsby yarn sweater that was started & the ? was to frog or not to frog. A couple of weeks ago, I let 'er rip & it felt great. This decision took way too long, I think, to make & when I finally decided what to do, it was a beautiful thing.

Of my other projects, my simple shawl is 3/4 done & I have another one started - heavier Spirit Trail Fiberworks fiber that was handspun. And I am just into a 2nd sock for me ^ .. ^

Late last night I came home from a 4 day conference - the only knitter-in-public there. Still surprises me.

Martha

ozknitter Posted - 06/25/2013 : 06:52:38 AM
Hi,

The main thing I want on my knitting list is a new Jordana Paige Knitting bag, the last one I bought the clasp broke in a very short time, I was quite mad as I paid quite a lot of money for it and it didn't even last a month. Now I don't know whether to buy another or go for something else.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose
robinstephanie Posted - 06/06/2013 : 09:58:49 AM
Ella--did you ever find good linen stash-busting summer knitting? I made these and love them:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ripple-and-lace-leaf-linen-basket-liners

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
lella Posted - 06/06/2013 : 08:06:16 AM
Is this confession time? Something happened to my hands ages ago that made the thumbs ultra touchy, so I've done very little knitting in the past year. But, they are now a little better so I'm starting to want to get going on the sweaters-two- some Jane's Hedgerow-second sock- and some new socks when those are done. A friend from here sent me some lovely "ice" Sundara for the Hedgerows, and I'm making some progress with getting my hands better, finally!

Lella

Zippiknits

"Life is good if you don't weaken." Calvin Coolidge
hillstreetmama Posted - 05/02/2013 : 04:38:48 AM
I found two shawls in some more bags - a triangle shawl in black fingering yarn, and a beautiful rectangle from silver-gray lace weight. I'd like the second one DONE, but there is only about 18 inches completed, and I don't think the mojo is there anymore.

Jan
minh Posted - 04/30/2013 : 3:32:04 PM
Another case of startitis here!
- My New Beginnings project from the KR retreat (qiviut lace scarf - I just don't want the qiviut to end!)
- squares for a Barn-Raising Quilt
- a lace shawl (it's tunisian crochet but it still counts, right?)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
owler29 Posted - 04/28/2013 : 3:01:10 PM
Worked this weekend at a new fiber festival; Powhatan Fiber Festival, Powhatan, VA. What a great job the staff and vendors did for a first time event. Participation exceeded their expectations (and mine). My bag has new skein of Wolle's Yarn Creations color changing cotton. in "Bahamas 2," a great turquoise aqua flow. What am I making from it? Not sure yet, but look forward to many hours of searching on the web, books, and magazines! Nothing like a new skein of yarn to get spring started.

MB
marfa Posted - 04/28/2013 : 05:41:36 AM
How do ...

I love these responses? Let me count the ways. The excitement of so many wonderful projects to do is so excellent.

So is the humor in some of your posts - Jane is perhaps on track as per her usual - maybe green is not your son's color. We do remember Kermit saying that it is not easy being green ^ .. ^

Martha

Grand-moogi Posted - 04/28/2013 : 05:39:53 AM
It must have been the colour. I can't think of any other reason!

I knit a hug into every stitch
Jane Posted - 04/27/2013 : 5:15:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grand-moogi

Don't worry about then pink sweater, Hillstreetmama, Jan. I finally frogged a little pale green baby jacket and leggings that I was knitting for my son when I realised he will never wear it because he will be 42 in May.

Do you mean it just wasn't his color?

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Grand-moogi Posted - 04/27/2013 : 1:11:38 PM
Don't worry about then pink sweater, Hillstreetmama, Jan. I finally frogged a little pale green baby jacket and leggings that I was knitting for my son when I realised he will never wear it because he will be 42 in May.

hillstreetmama Posted - 04/26/2013 : 8:26:59 PM
I have a knitting bag for every UFO that I own! There is a poncho (I know, what possessed me?) that I started during the cold winter nights a year and a half ago. There is a darling pink sweater for my DGD Fiona in a 6 month size....but she's 18 months old now. There are 3 different pairs of socks (yes, in 3 different bags) that will probably be rewound and knitted on my CSM, which I bought after they were all started. And then there's the hats.....only two knitting bags with hats, and I actually DO finish those. I have one that I carry to work, and work on during my lunch, and another that I work on at home. Oftentimes there is a third one that goes in the car, so I can keep busy on roadtrips, but lately I just take cotton on the road, and make dishcloths.

This sounds like I don't FINISH much, but I've actually make over 80 hats since November 1st. That's when I finished all my special orders and took a vow to never take another special order as long as I live. These hats will be sold at the farmer's market (along with the pink sweater that will fit no one in my family) this summer.

Jan
jtamsn Posted - 04/26/2013 : 6:14:18 PM
I have a Lisa Knits cable-front vest in a gray Encore Worsted about 2/3 done, have a List Knits scarf about 1/2 done, a pair of socks in Berocco Comfort sock and an Ann Noorling baby sweater in Plymouth Dreambaby DK. Am reluctant to start anything else right now as I'm soon to have rotator cuff surgery on my dominant arm.......wont be able to knit for several weeks! Maybe I'll get to that other never ending knitting issue....sorting through my knitting books, magazines, patterns, stash, needles etc, etc etc!!
judy
anotherbev Posted - 04/25/2013 : 9:30:21 PM
, I have two knitting bags I am making the "Frilly Scarf by Tove B" (has a twin leaf pattern, and I am leaving off the ruffle) out of Lion Brand Superwash Merino Cashmere. I am making "Seed Stitch Sweater", from Debby Ware's "Too Cute: Cotton Knits for Toddlers." I am using Tahki Cotton Classic.I have a ruffly scarf on the needles, made from "Sashay," and finally, I am making Caron's "Knit it Tonight Cowl," except that I am using Homespun. I've also got "Crazy Ball" for soks, and some hand-dyed "Baby camel down mulberry silk merino wool that will become a delicate, lacey narrow scarf for me. Makes me tired now.
Collier Posted - 04/25/2013 : 11:09:50 AM
A great topic after a long winter...which seems to be hanging on here in N. Iowa. My knitting bag has my first Color Affection in spring colors; which was started after completing the Cornerstone Blanket. The blanket was a great winter project-kept me warm as I finished the assembly. I also have the second sock for a pair of top-down socks and a pair of toe-up socks. And the last remaining rows of a Before/After scarf that will need beads in the bind off-so that was isn't picked up very often at the moment. I am already cautiously looking around the knitting room for the next project to start.

Susan14-I too have the Knitting 24/7 book-How's that cozy pattern?

Claudia
ella Posted - 04/25/2013 : 10:43:02 AM
Projects in my bag include Cat Bordhi's Anemone hat in Jojoland Rhythm superwash, a Jane Austin scarf using two yarns: Trekking sock yarn and Kid Silk Haze, swatches of double knitting for a class on same, cotton velour wash mits and superwash wool baby booties for charity.

I hope to finish the hat and scarf ASAP, concentrate on learning double knitting and spend the summer knitting with cottons. Stash digging re-discovered a couple of skeins of Louet linen yarn. Any pattern suggestions for cool summer linen knitting?
ElendilPickle Posted - 04/25/2013 : 09:33:11 AM
In my bag are an Up on the Roof cardigan, the start of a Lizzy sock, and my In Dreams shawl. It's been close to a year since I last worked on the shawl - I suppose I should get back to it. :-)
susan14_23 Posted - 04/25/2013 : 09:28:30 AM
Hello! I haven't been on the forums for a while. In my knitting bag I have a teapot cozy from a book called Knitting 24/7 (how I wish I could knit 24/7!), and a pair of striped mittens practically done - just need to weave in the ends. The teapot is made from lavender wool yarn I got at Joann's long ago. I just never found the right project for it until now. The striped mittens are Ann Budd's generic mitten pattern and using oddballs of yarn. They are mostly in blues and purples, but with a narrow red stripe across the knuckles for a little extra pop of color. I'm happy with how they turned out.

Susan
Gibson Girl Posted - 04/25/2013 : 07:57:22 AM
I'm definitely on a finish roll! Why I don't finish as soon as I complete the knitting absolutely eludes me because as I've recently found out it doesn't take much time- and then you get to WEAR it!!! Anyway I just about have completed everything in all those assorted bags in the "knitting closet" The only thing remaining is a swirl coat in stash yarn remnants...shades of white. No matter how much time I give it, it never seems to get finished. Think its because the rows are so long you don't feel your getting anywhere.
era253 Posted - 04/25/2013 : 07:37:48 AM
I love the Startitis and Finishboinkis descriptions. I have both. I have a purple afghan that I use as a "no need to pay attention" project, which has gotten too big to carry around. Also, I have a Carole Sunday designed sweater for my sister which I have frogged completely once and am about 3/4 of the way through. If anyone has ever knit a SundayKnits design you know how much attention this requires. This project has become my sister's "sometime in my lifetime" present. I also have the beginnings of a baby blanket for stepson and DIL who are expecting in early September. We are in the process of packing for our move from Chicago burbs to Florida while I'm trying to fit in all this finishing. Oy.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe