Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Movies / Articles / Celebrities / Books / News
 Big hugs to everyone at the Boston marathon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
minh Posted - 04/15/2013 : 2:15:58 PM
I am not in MA right now and the pictures of Boston are heart breaking. I hope you are all OK.

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 04/19/2013 : 10:31:17 AM
Yes, so sad, I could barely read the news. I always wonder, when something like this hits, what were they thinking? How does somebody's head get to be in a state where this seems like the right thing to do? So awful.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
jtamsn Posted - 04/17/2013 : 4:27:23 PM
Such a tragedy beyond all comprehension. My heart aches for those involved and who were present. Living 2 hours north of Boston, it hits really close to home. The Marathon is such a rite of spring, and such a joyful occasion, it will never be the same.
judy
eldergirl Posted - 04/16/2013 : 11:15:20 PM
I come from Boston, have sisters there, and nieces and nephews and cousins and friends.
First I was in shock, then today I cried a good bit.
I'm being narcissistic, to tell this, but I'm not even a resident of Boston! What do you think the bomber(s) wanted to accomplish!
I am so sorry for the people, the lost souls, the wounded and disillusioned....but I have much faith in the city, and know that next year's event will be a powerful statement.
Boston is my town, even more than Baltimore, and though I cheer for the Orioles, the Red Sox are deep down my guys.
I join Minh and Ceil and Flicka and add my prayers for the wounded, and love and support to Boston folks.

Anna

Life is beautiful.
flicka Posted - 04/16/2013 : 8:50:01 PM
Boston did itself proud. So many people offering aid and comfort to the victims. It has superb medical facilities and I am certain the victims are getting excellent care.

This event affects so much of the country, and the world, because the participants come from all over. I scan several U.S. newspapers daily, and today all of them reported on (their) local runners participating in the marathon. This hits home.

flicka

Ceil Posted - 04/15/2013 : 8:58:09 PM
My sentiments exactly. Our church's choirmaster happened to fly to Boston on a red eye this morning, and I of course couldn't reach him by cell phone because that ability had been shut down. Not sure how texting is different, but I went that route and he wrote back right away, saying that he is okay.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe