Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 Jimmy Beans Wool

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stitchellen Posted - 02/28/2013 : 08:30:03 AM
I want to make a plug for Jimmy Beans Wool. I had purchased from them Koigu KPM yarn that was poorly dyed, and I wrote a letter describing the experience and enclosed photos of the project for which I used the yarn. I was bowled over by their response. They had refunded the purchase price to my credit card. I'm impressed by the gesture, but I suggested a compromise so that they would not suffer a loss. I was able to frog the jumper/dress I had knit for my great granddaughter's third birthday to the point at which the dye (or "paint")job became most unacceptable and turn it into a tunic, so it wasn't a complete loss for me.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NutmegOwl Posted - 03/14/2013 : 1:40:05 PM
I order from them whenever I am looking for more than one skein of a painted yarn where I am hoping for something well-matched or when the can be great variations in the actual color. On more than one occasion, they have been able to tell me on the phone what a color really looks like -- that a lot was on the pink side of a color or "had a blue undertone" and that has been invaluable. Also, they make a point of having someone come in early each day so that East Coast callers can get help before regular business hours in their time zone. They are not near me, but they have earned their place as my go-to.

-----
Nutmeg Owl
Quaecumque sunt vera
http://www.owlwaysknitting.wordpress.com
Nanaknit Posted - 03/11/2013 : 7:26:24 PM
I love JBW, it's one of my favorite online shops. It's also close enough that I usually receive my order within a few days. Have had excellent customer service and love their sales.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Panhandle Jane Posted - 03/10/2013 : 06:53:31 AM
I just received extraordinarily prompt service from them for a pattern I ordered.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

PBELKNAP Posted - 03/09/2013 : 5:36:59 PM
They are the BEST. One time, I needed some more yarn of a certain color and dye lot. I decided to call directly to find out if they had it, and they were wonderful over the phone. They actually did find the dye lot for me!

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
phlame Posted - 03/06/2013 : 10:28:23 AM
They also have a standard low price shipping charge, which I find reasonable. A lot of times I won't order from a company that has high shipping fee. Free is always good>

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...I'm fairly certain that, given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Rebecca2 Posted - 03/02/2013 : 2:07:13 PM
I have heard about them through a friend, but have never ordered from them before.
donnawatk Posted - 03/01/2013 : 08:25:51 AM
I agree Jimmy bean has the best customer service. I always look there first. I will give them 5 stars. Donna

Donna
One Stitch at a Time Posted - 02/28/2013 : 2:24:05 PM
I agree.
Read about them here:

http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/06/how-social-media-put-a-tiny-yarn-shop-on-the-map/
phlame Posted - 02/28/2013 : 10:47:05 AM
Yes, Jimmy Beans is one of my favorites!

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...I'm fairly certain that, given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

robinstephanie Posted - 02/28/2013 : 09:41:49 AM
Wow, that's some impressive customer service. Thanks for letting us know. Good customer service is immensely important, to me anyway. I find it difficult to find products--of any sort: appliances, machinery, whatever--that actually have a reliable product and good service.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe