Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 Introducing... The Great White Bale!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clara Posted - 12/05/2012 : 8:50:17 PM
This week's newsletter was a very special one.

It explains a yarn project I've been working on for months and months, something that's a culmination of all my work to this point.

You know I love yarn. I'm obsessed with twist and ply, with fibers and blends, with how yarns behave on the needles and in fabric. I've swatched... oh boy. I can't even count.

Over the years I've also become equally intrigued with the back story, where the fibers come from and all the people whose hands they passed through on their way to yours. And I've met some truly amazing people.

Earlier this spring, I was offered a chance to buy a very special 676-pound bale of Saxon Merino wool from Eugene Wyatt in New York. He doesn't do this often, but he trusts me, and I couldn't possibly say no.

This new yarn project of mine? It's an adventure that you and I are going to take together. It was born out of KR and is its own, entirely separate being.

I'm hugely excited, a little wobbly with butterflies, but very, very proud to share it with you.

Meet: The Great White Bale.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
emmyc Posted - 08/16/2013 : 09:12:01 AM
Arrow it is!!

lot 3 is going to be harder I think

emmyc
winchester ma
SusanR Posted - 07/31/2013 : 8:36:43 PM
Love the graphics on that pattern emmy. Great choice under your consideration - I hope you make it. I shall covet it.
emmyc Posted - 07/27/2013 : 05:00:52 AM
As I await lot 3, I think I have settled on the arrow cowl
by madeleine tosh for lot 2. Now I just have to decide which is background and which is foreground!

emmyc
winchester ma
emmyc Posted - 07/11/2013 : 03:50:28 AM
not yet, although there are some two color brioche pieces looking interesting, and some mittens...

emmyc
winchester ma
mjhealy Posted - 07/01/2013 : 4:53:18 PM
Love mine too. Did you find a project?
emmyc Posted - 06/25/2013 : 04:26:29 AM
Just receved my lot 2 skeins! Now am trolling ravelry for the perfect pattern to combine the 2 colors...

emmyc
winchester ma
gerstperson Posted - 06/24/2013 : 10:42:35 AM
Finished my use of Lot #1. First I dyed it with KoolAid, then I knit it into this shrug.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/gerstperson/retro-rogue

Sharon

Chinese Proverb: Man who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt woman who is doing it.
Patshere Posted - 04/27/2013 : 5:07:01 PM
I'm planning to take one of my skeins to the beach tomorrow, get bundled up, and begin knitting Not Plain Jane's "My Thirty-eight". I'm so happy I signed on as a voyager, especially since I've now received my shipment of Lot #1.
Rwats2 Posted - 04/25/2013 : 12:42:03 PM
I wanted to let Ms. Clara know that I have recieved my package. I cannot wait to hear about what others are planning to do with theirs.
Rwats2 Posted - 01/26/2013 : 5:58:12 PM
I cannot wait to get the next email for the next update.
Jane Posted - 01/23/2013 : 06:41:18 AM
The next installment will be posted on Friday, folks! Clara is in Texas, hugging the Bale before it leaves for Maine. The adventure is underway!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Rwats2 Posted - 01/22/2013 : 09:16:36 AM
Any new developments in the Yarn Saga? I am having the hardest time waiting for news.
robinstephanie Posted - 01/08/2013 : 10:41:21 AM
You said it Martha. Reading that kind of choked me up.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Jane Posted - 01/08/2013 : 06:08:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by mjhealy

[quote]Originally posted by KnittingKittens

Dear "Wouldn't you like to Know" a/k/a "Knitter with a Grin on her Face",

Oh this is a make me cry moment. A reason why I love knitters and their big hearts. The world can snipe and snark, but a kindness bestowed and the universe unfolds as it should.

xxoo,
Martha

Martha, I can tell you that knitters and knitters' sisters, husbands, mothers and friends have made me the happiest Director of Customer Happiness ever. I've been keeping secrets, sending gift emails, and watching as the lucky knitters register and join the discussion.

Yes, knitting kindness does overflow, just like our stashes!

Jane

crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 01/07/2013 : 9:42:23 PM
How cool is this?!? Clara, u go girl!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
mjhealy Posted - 01/07/2013 : 4:12:44 PM
[quote]Originally posted by KnittingKittens

Oh this is a make me cry moment. A reason why I love knitters and their big hearts. The world can snipe and snark, but a kindness bestowed and the universe unfolds as it should.

xxoo,
Martha
Jane Posted - 01/06/2013 : 12:06:35 PM

Jane

KnittingKittens Posted - 01/06/2013 : 11:38:33 AM

Thank you ever so much for the you-surprised-the-heck-out-of-me gift of Armchair Traveler to the Great White Bale.

Please excuse my very tardy thanks. I feel like a slug--I thanked who I thought it was and just found out that it wasn't that knitter.

I asked our Dear Jane to tell me so I could properly thank you but Jane's lips are sealed!

That was so nice of you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Love,
Me
Janine Posted - 12/27/2012 : 10:17:54 AM
I signed up as an Armchair Traveler, feeling a little guilty about spending so much on myself with Christmas around the corner. I kicked myself every day since then, until Christmas. My husband dropped a few odd hints, so I logged on The Great White Bale and noticed that I had been gifted an Explorer membership! I can hardly believe it, and have hugged him so hard so many times that he probably needs a trip to the chiropractor.

He orchestrated this surprise with Clara! Can you believe it! I wonder how many other people were surprised this way by our queen bee. :-)
Clara Posted - 12/24/2012 : 10:59:09 AM
I haven't mailed out anything yet - I'm wondering if someone else sent you a wooly envelope of goodness?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe