Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 GOOD new, bad news

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ditzy Girl Posted - 11/09/2012 : 09:13:36 AM
In Sept I was diagnoisesd with primary peritoneal cancer! Well bad news is
I LOST MY KNITTING MOJO, but as of Wed I got it back! I am so happy,happy happy. I am knitting a lovely little hat even though
I have a great hat collection already. I just wanted something
small and this is working. So now I sit and listen to audio books and knit. It is sooooo great. When I finish the hat maybe
I will be in the mood to pick up the baby blanket I am working on.
Oh, I am doing fine on my weekly chemo.
I just had to share getting my knitting mojo back

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 02/05/2013 : 10:54:00 PM
Ahhh, that's great! Sounds like it felt really good. Laughing=good. Talking with friends=good. Hanging out with fellow knitters=good. Sharing good stash=good. Must have been good for you!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Ditzy Girl Posted - 02/05/2013 : 08:58:48 AM
Yes it is. Now my next give away is magazines,

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

flicka Posted - 02/05/2013 : 07:57:37 AM
I'm glad you got some knit group therapy! Sounds like just the ticket. Isn't it nice to give your unwanted yarn a good new home?

flicka
Ditzy Girl Posted - 02/04/2013 : 09:32:57 AM
Yesterday I actually went to my knitting group.What fun I
had so many show and tells and gave some on my stash away
and talked up a storm. Great day!

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

robinstephanie Posted - 02/04/2013 : 07:58:08 AM
Sounds like you have built back up some knitting mojo. That's great!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Ceil Posted - 02/02/2013 : 5:22:53 PM
Welcome back to being loopy!(?)

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Grand-moogi Posted - 02/01/2013 : 3:36:27 PM
Thanks for the update Zola. Stay in touch. It is important that you keep in touch with friends and rellies all over the place.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Ditzy Girl Posted - 01/31/2013 : 11:48:05 PM
Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts. Right now I am through with chemo for a couple of weeks than I will have operations and after operations 10 more chemo free days and back on chemo. I don't know for how long.
In the meantime I have 4 projects going and feel really good about
all of them.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Daylily Posted - 01/31/2013 : 8:26:40 PM
Ditzy Girl , I am praying that you will conquer your cancer like I conquered mine. In 1999 I was diagnosed with the most aggressive type of thyroid cancer. I had to have my thyroid gland removed and took internally radioactive pill to kill off any remaining thyroid tissue. I have to to take thyroid replacement medicine for the rest of my life.

Daylily, another one tomorrow
Ditzy Girl Posted - 01/12/2013 : 9:56:50 PM
Well I spent the day going thru yarn, frogging old projects that
I knew I would not finish for whatever reason and picked up a
old project that I want to finish. I have another that I need
some help on but my friend isn't available to help me right now.
So now I guess I don't need a new project I have plenty of olds
that are new again. It feels good to have frogged the 3 I frogged. All 3 of them I didn't like the yarn I picked and
didn't really like the way they looked using the yarn I picked. The yarn is good yarn so I might just see if one of my friends would want it. I really feel good about getting these projects out of my line up. I still might be on the look out for a new
project.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

bmormile Posted - 01/11/2013 : 09:50:08 AM
I am also working on a baby blanket. I'm about 3/4 the way finished. My niece is having a baby in July. I'm working on Sign of Four socks and the Downton Abbey KAL on Jimmy Beans Wool blog. Over 3,000 purchased the yarn so it's been fun to read all the posts on Ravelry and see the photos of clue #1.
Ditzy Girl Posted - 01/11/2013 : 08:24:08 AM
I still can't find anything that is tweeking me so still
working on some scarves and a couple of baby blankets.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 01/10/2013 : 6:51:49 PM
Hang in there, Zola! We luv u & we're here for u!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Grand-moogi Posted - 01/08/2013 : 06:27:09 AM
Yes Don't the sales get you in? Our local yarn store is also the fabric and haberdashery store - and also sells books and children's toys. That is what you get in a small country town. Anyway she has a fabric sale on. Needless to say I bought stuff and have been sewing away. I also do machine embroidery so I have been doing a bit of that too. So long as I know what sizes to make for my grandchildren, I am happy. I have a note stuck on the kitchen fridge "Katy head size 22 inches" because she has requested a green knitted hat. I have a precious pattern that makes a nice pair of shorts for my grandson and measurements sent to me in an email to get the length of a skirt correct. All very important information. Next thing I need to do is ask them to draw very carefully around one of their hands each and also round one foot each so I will have the right sizes for socks, gloves and slippers. I am still praying for you Zola. I tell God that I do not really know you all that well but I am sure He does.

Ditzy Girl Posted - 01/06/2013 : 7:31:43 PM
Thank you everyone for your kindness and good thoughts.
I am trying to think of something new, fun, and intersting to
knit and I might even have to buy some new yarn. Flicka I might
have to take a trip to Little Knits, but I need to find that special item first. Especially seeing she is having those wonderful sales.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Ditzy Girl Posted - 01/02/2013 : 7:45:34 PM
Thank you Rwats2.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Rwats2 Posted - 01/02/2013 : 6:05:39 PM
Ms. Zola,
Your are in my thoughts and prayers for your recovery.
Grand-moogi Posted - 01/01/2013 : 06:55:02 AM
Zola, sorry to hear about your setback. We will have to up the ante with the prayers. And if you do not feel like knitting, just leave it somewhere where you can see it just to remind you that we are all praying for you.'

flicka Posted - 12/31/2012 : 8:27:36 PM
Oh, Zola, I'm so sorry for your latest "bad news". I live fairly near Seattle and if you should need something from Seattle Yarn Gallery or Little Knits, p.m. me!

flicka
bmormile Posted - 12/29/2012 : 1:17:11 PM
Zola, sounds like you are going through a lot right now. I wish you the best while going through your treatments. I know it can take a lot out of you. Hopefully you have someone who can help you through these bad times. Wish I could help in some way. Send an email sometime to let me know how you are doing. I used to have your email address but could not find it this morning. Take care of yourself.

Barbara

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe