Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 Hats, hats, knitting lots of hats...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HenyaK@msn.com Posted - 11/11/2012 : 07:37:28 AM
That is what on my needles at this point.
Since Thursday night I have put aside all my other projects and knitting "Sandy" hats. One of my Internet will give them out directly to people in need in N.J.
I gave myself a deadline - this, coming Friday.
So far
1 hat is done,
1 hat has been ripped out,
1 hat is almost finished
and 1 more in progress.
The pattern for these hats is in progress too.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 11/30/2012 : 09:21:07 AM
Oh Henya it must have been awful for you all over there, and you're over there thinking of us and Sandy? Bless you.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
HenyaK@msn.com Posted - 11/30/2012 : 03:46:06 AM
I almost did it! Due to the War, that broke out in Israel I could not knit for 2 days. I did manage to knit 10 hats within 9 days.
And they went out in the mail today.
Here is a link to my blog, Chicken Stitches with the photos and a post about them.
In the end these hats truly saved my sanity as we sat and waited for more and more fairly grim war news. I really needed to knit, but could not make myself pick up my needles. Then I thought about the people, whose lives were disrupted by the hurricane and started knitting again. From then on I knit every second I had, if only just a couple of stitches at the time. This way I could concentrate on my knitting and not think if we are going to invaded from the North too.
I finished my 10 hats the day after the ceasefire was declared.
Marg in Mirror Posted - 11/29/2012 : 09:35:39 AM
Every summer I pick something to focus on for the charity tree at our church. This past summer it was hats, and I think I managed 8 over the time between July and the end of September when I began Christmas gifts. A friend liked one of the hats I'd made so much (a chunky cabled toque) that she's getting one for Christmas.

TLWKOTB
http://www.margaretblank.com
hillstreetmama Posted - 11/13/2012 : 7:01:51 PM
I'm a hat knitter, too! Since October 1st, I've finished 13 and have 3 more on the needles. I have a ridiculous stash of yarn for kids hats, and hope to have over 100 made by June 1st next year. Although I do give some away, I sell them at the local farmer's market. So...since I can't count on time to make many more during the market months, I am knitting like crazy this winter.

Jan

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe