Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Christmas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hilde45 Posted - 09/10/2012 : 12:16:48 PM
I have so far made 6 afghans for Christmas presents. Have three more to do. So will see. But one of those I enterd in our fair for the first time ever. I did not expect to win but won 3rd place for the very first time ever. So I am a happy lady.

Hilde
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Grand-moogi Posted - 10/26/2012 : 5:22:17 PM
Oh Daylily, Aren't grandkids great? They give you an excuse to indulge in all those fanciful fun things. I made my grandson a pair of emerald green knitted slippers and put frog faces on them. Now my daughter is knitting him a jumper with dinosaurs across the front. You can even just shove a pompom on something and they think it is fabulous. I started Christmas Knitting, which in itself is a great novelty here downunder, but as I hate keeping secrets I showed everyone and then gave things away. I am hopeless at secret knitting. Although I think I will knit some string bags or some sort of carry alls for daughters in law. They do not live in the same town so I will be able to keep those things secret from them. Everyone here will know but maybe not them.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Daylily Posted - 10/25/2012 : 3:09:56 PM
I have one gift made so far, a cowl for my daughter-in-law. It was made with Gloss Lace weight yarn from Knit Picks in the mermaid color.I used the feather and fan pattern for it. Right now I am working on a pair of mittens for a girl who comes by my crossing every morning. I am making her and her little sister a pair of texting mittens. Then I have a baby blanket to knit for a my daughter-in-law , her friend is having the baby. Then a hat and mittens for my grandson. He wants owls on them.

Daylily, another one tomorrow
EmEm Posted - 10/11/2012 : 6:45:17 PM
Congrats on the 6 you have finished and good luck on the next 3. Congrats too for the ribbon. I'm sure it was even better since you weren't expecting it.
churchlady Posted - 10/11/2012 : 08:38:14 AM
Congratulations! By the time I got skilled enough and baby got old enough for me to get a product to enter, our urban fair had gotten rid of the crafts, garden, and almost all the agriculture. I love the handcrafts at fairs, too! This year I have my husband's 3rd cousin to knit for, a baby boy or girl arriving around Christmastime. My Dad is the other knitworthy relative, who loves my bedsocks, and tests their durability.

Live, Laugh, Love, Learn
jtamsn Posted - 09/11/2012 : 5:37:37 PM
Congrats on all your completed afghans....and the ribbon! That is alot of work! I do like to see all the handwork done at the county fairs. This year I'm not making many gifts, just a pair of socks for DH,DS,and daughter in law for their Christmas Stockings. I made so many gifts the last few years that I dedicated this year to....me!(made a few things for myself instead).
judy
Luann Posted - 09/10/2012 : 3:23:28 PM
Congratulations! Did you get a ribbon to keep? I love looking at the handcrafts in at fairs, my husband and son always protest when we enter those barns but by the end they are as interested as I am to see everyone's work.

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe