Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 No airport knitting magazines?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
EmEm Posted - 05/30/2012 : 11:17:15 AM
This past weekend I was traveling and decided I would like a new knitting magazine. I usually read magazines on my iPad, but I just thought I would get one from the news stand. I guess I always had 1 or 2 with me or on my reader because I never realized they don't sell them ANYWHERE in the airport! What's with that! There were countless magazines on body building and golf, even private aviation. But no crafting - AT ALL. I would think the market would support this. Am I missing something?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
One Stitch at a Time Posted - 12/13/2012 : 8:19:46 PM
I was in 3 airports over the last few days (Newark, Philadelphia, Cleveland)and not one knitting magazine in any of them.

I was disappointed but not surprised. Don't think I've ever seen one at an airport.

Nanci
chris Posted - 12/13/2012 : 08:55:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Grand-moogi

Maybe they are afraid that one of the craft magazines will contain instructions for how to make a bomb using airport paper cups or something.

I knit a hug into every stitch

You can't do it with just paper cups. You have to have plastic stirrers, too!
EmEm Posted - 12/10/2012 : 8:20:01 PM
Thanks Marjolein, I'll be keeping my eyes open in the German airports.
marjotse Posted - 12/08/2012 : 10:36:08 AM
I have found kntting magazines at German airports (Rebecca and Verena), but other than that, actually no... so yes, discrimination I would think...

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Ceil Posted - 11/28/2012 : 5:02:11 PM
Well, I came close in Santa Barbara, CA. The airport mag shop had a couple quilting mags and "Beadwork". Maybe the knitting mags were already sold?!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
EmEm Posted - 11/24/2012 : 8:48:10 PM
I love the idea of a yarn kiosk! Besides knitting notions, they could carry local yarns for those who are just passing thru or do not have time to visit the local shops. As far as constructing questionable items, I'm wondering if they carry "Popular Mechanics".
Grand-moogi Posted - 11/20/2012 : 04:15:36 AM
Maybe they are afraid that one of the craft magazines will contain instructions for how to make a bomb using airport paper cups or something.

I knit a hug into every stitch
anderknit Posted - 11/19/2012 : 8:22:02 PM
I always look for knitting mags in airports, and I concur - I have never seen one. What they really need is a yarn kiosk with lots of stitch markers, tiny dpns and all kinds of things that we lose while traveling.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Rwats2 Posted - 11/19/2012 : 09:32:05 AM
I like to try get my magazines before I even leave town. That way I can place my tatting needles inside the magazines so that they do not get bent, and the prying eyes of TSA.
knittingrunner Posted - 05/30/2012 : 12:20:59 PM
I agree, it seems like knitting mags and captive traveling knitters would be a good fit. That said, I've yet to come across a knitting magazine on the racks of an airport - I suspect it is an issue of volume and turnover - and perhaps an unspoken worry of a pattern obsessed knitter lacking the right yarn and needles!

Perhaps a campaign to enlighten HMS to the unmet needs of traveling knitters is in order?
Evelyn

Bike, Knit, Bike!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
azblueskies Posted - 05/30/2012 : 12:04:24 PM
I found a knitting magazine once in an airport but I forget which airport! I haven't found another airport knitting magazine since but I always check when traveling.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe