Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Movies / Articles / Celebrities / Books / News
 Dark Shadows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Greyling Posted - 05/01/2012 : 06:10:22 AM
I don't normally care for Johnny Depp films. He's a little too fakey for me, but I remember the Dark Shadows soap opera from waaaay back (I was just a kid, ahem), and the previews look cute. Kinda funny.

I might just be tempted to see this one.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shalee Posted - 07/12/2013 : 12:17:04 PM
I would like to see the movie. I must admit that I hadn't seen the original series until abut two years ago, on DVD.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Lynne604 Posted - 07/10/2013 : 07:15:04 AM
I too loved the original Dark Shadows. What I wouldn't have given for a VCR as I always missed Tuesday's episode because of my piano lesson. The first thing I did when I got home was to call my best friend for a recap. My parents couldn't understand my obsession with the show; they thought it was silly.

The late Jonathan Frid, our beloved original Barnabas, made a brief appearance in the new Dark Shadows movie, along with a few others from the original cast. He died not long afterward.
Knitlin Posted - 07/12/2012 : 07:52:45 AM
I loved the movie. It brings me back to good memories of running home from school on Wednesdays to watch the show.

knitlin
PBELKNAP Posted - 05/21/2012 : 05:29:38 AM
We went to see it this weekend and loved it! It is very campy, but we were expecting that. I never saw the original series, but I went with someone who did, and she loved it, too!

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
LindaRae Posted - 05/20/2012 : 5:19:46 PM
Johnny Depp & Tim Burton never disappoint me! I used to run home from school quickly to watch Dark Shadows every day, & also have been watching old episodes on Netflix for quite some time; couldn't wait for this movie! They took some "literary license" I guess you would call it; set it in 1972 instead of the late 60's, combined a couple of characters, & had a convoluted plot, but I loved it! very clever,& great music!
LindaP
Milinda Posted - 05/16/2012 : 4:11:18 PM
I am a fan of Johnny Depp's acting and the fact he is always willing to take chances. That said, I am not a fan of Tim Burton's style of film and was disappointed to learn he had been at the helm of this production. I think it is now a twisted comedy, which is Burton's style, rather than being more like the original series. I think I'll pass.

M L
hillstreetmama Posted - 05/16/2012 : 3:46:09 PM
I'd like to hear a review from someone who watched the original series (like I did, starting when I was 11 or 12). To my generation, the idea of vampires and werewolves was really exciting and different. To the age group that grew up with Harry Potter and the Twilight series, it may not be as exciting as it was to us.

Jan
Greyling Posted - 05/12/2012 : 11:07:11 PM
I haven't heard good reviews. Actually, mixed reviews. Might wait for on-demand.

www.imdb.com

kbshee Posted - 05/10/2012 : 2:08:14 PM
I have to say, I've laughed out loud at every preview for that movie.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
agnesgooch Posted - 05/10/2012 : 1:21:33 PM
I remember hurrying home from high school so I could watch Dark Shadows (of course, there were no VCRs way back then). I can't wait to see this, either. I heard several of the actors/actresses from the original series had small parts in the movie, including Jonathan Frid (Barnabas) who passed away recently.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24181181@N07/
emmyc Posted - 05/10/2012 : 04:29:20 AM
Dark Shadows scared the crap out of me as a kid! But the movie looks hysterical.

emmyc
winchester ma
anderknit Posted - 05/09/2012 : 06:49:45 AM
It looks nice and campy - I didn't watch Dark Shadows but lots of my friends back then did. And yes, I'm sure it was when we were in cribs... Ahem indeed!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
HRH the Knitting Queen Posted - 05/06/2012 : 10:54:55 AM
I used to watch Dark Shadows from my crib...

Seriously, I am looking forward to this movie. I am not expecting it to be true to the series...I just want to see the little zingers and inside joke type things that will be tipping the hat to the original show. It looks like it will be entertaining.

www.merrykarma.blogspot.com -~- I'm MerryKarma on Ravelry.
azblueskies Posted - 05/01/2012 : 07:00:17 AM
We saw the previews at the last movie we went to and knew we wanted to see it. I can't recall a Depp movie that I didn't like.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe