Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Briar Rose Robusta

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clara Posted - 05/02/2012 : 7:32:43 PM
Sometimes, what can I say. You just need to hug your yarn.

Here, have some.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sloknitr Posted - 05/04/2012 : 1:48:56 PM
I love BR and your description of Chris' colourways is spot on. I have not used Robusto yet, but after reading this review, I am aching to cast on. As you say, I think it will make a great winter cardi.
Clara Posted - 05/03/2012 : 4:47:59 PM
Ah, brilliant point! Larger skeins = fewer ends to darn. :-)

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
LoplollyBlue Posted - 05/03/2012 : 10:28:52 AM
Just want to note that I LOVE large skeins. Weaving in ends is one of my least favorite things in knitting (most least favorite?)so the idea of 500 yards is wonderful to me. I haven't used BR but I have used Cascade Eco and, especially since I'm a large woman and therefore use a lot of yarn in a sweater, I really appreciate how far I can knit on one skein! In fact, I don't know why more yarn suppliers don't give us the option of larger skeins!
One Stitch at a Time Posted - 05/03/2012 : 07:42:02 AM
What a nice coincidence that Briar Rose is a topic of conversation today! I have to add my 2 cents especially since I just had the PLEASURE of dealing with Chris over the last couple of days. I met Chris at a KR Retreat some years ago. When I couldn't find a colorway I wanted, she happily offered to create it for me - which she did! And it was magnificent!

Since then I have made many a Briar Rose purchase. Clara is spot on when she talks about her generous yardage and colorways. While the review was about Robusta specifically, I'm sure many of us will attest to the fabulousness of her entire line of yarns.

Chris is someone I love supporting with my hard earned dollars. She offers the perfect combination of product, value, and service.

...and yes, very huggable yarns.

Nanci
chloek Posted - 05/03/2012 : 07:15:03 AM
I've never had the pleasure of meeting and seeing Brian Rose's Chris at a fiber festival but I can certainly atest to the quality of her product!
I have been a gloriously happy customer of Brian Rose's for probably two years now. Tho I have only bought her spinning fiber to date, I have yet to find any other products that surpass hers day in and out. She does such a consistantly wonderful job with her dyeing that I have yet to be disappointed in a single ounce that I have bought.
Her customer service is awesome and I would encourage anyone that spins to visit her web sight and enjoy her fiber!

Chloe K
Roads End Llamas
marfa Posted - 05/03/2012 : 06:54:00 AM
How do.

I'm with Sweet Jane! After I return from the Maryland Festival & have seen lots of our KR Pals at the Spirit Trail Fiberworks booth & been hugged, I'll go home to hug my Sweetie & my Briar Rose yarns.

Thanks for letting us know about why Kris bought that winder, Jane - it is a great reason. Thanks, Kris, for letting us "borrow" it at the KR Retreats.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Jane Posted - 05/03/2012 : 03:43:03 AM
Briar Rose yarn is why Kristopher got that big ball winder he brings to the Retreat, you know. After I read your wonderful review I had to find a skein of BR and give it a squeeze! Thank you, Clara!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe