Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Schoppel Wolle Cashmere Queen

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clara Posted - 02/15/2012 : 8:00:23 PM
With a name like "Cashmere Queen," do you think I couldn't review this yarn?

I'm fresh from a weekend of teaching at the Sow's Ear in Verona. At one point in my classes I like to talk about the bloom of cashmere, and about how sometimes the unwashed yarn can look a little limp and sad. Usually my cashmere-dar is pretty good, which is how I happened to spot the shelf of Schoppel Wolle Cashmere Queen. You would not, under any circumstances, guess that this was cashmere - or that it's capable of blooming into such exquisite perfection. It's all in the twist, or rather the fact that the yarn has no twist. It's basically a single strand of fiber that's been vigorously rubbed back and forth until the fibers have been fulled together. It blends Merino, cashmere, and silk.

Really surprising and quite pleasant. For $20 you can learn something new about how yarn can feel, AND end up with a great pair of mitts.

There you have the Cliff's Notes - if you're intrigued, please do read this week's review.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
susan14_23 Posted - 02/17/2012 : 1:40:23 PM
Such an interesting review - there is always something new to learn!

Susan
frenetic@charter.net Posted - 02/16/2012 : 6:29:20 PM
Love it, Purlewe!
purlewe Posted - 02/16/2012 : 12:14:26 PM
Thanks Clara, I've have had Cashmere Queen in my head with the ABBA soundtrack. It has made me smile all day!

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
frenetic@charter.net Posted - 02/16/2012 : 05:22:55 AM
I googled the yarn and got this lovely pattern:

http://throughtheloops.typepad.com/through_the_loops/2010/11/sofies-slouch-mitts.html

Sharon
sjanova Posted - 02/16/2012 : 04:42:55 AM
Interesting. I didn't see the cashmere blend when I picked up two skeins of the alpaca/wool blend in a lovely gray. I'm making a pair of just plain 2x2 ribbed neckwarmers for my brother and DSIL to wear in the barn on their organic dairy farm in central Maine where it can be really really cold (except this year, I guess). It's knitting up nicely so far and feels lovely to knit. I hope it feels as nice to wear, since they want them really snug to the neck and not draping at all. It was on sale but still cost about the same as your cashmere/silk/wool version. Yes, this was a bit more $$ than I had planned on, but they love whatever I make them and that kind of appreciation is worth the extra $$. Plus I get to knit it, of course. Now I'll have to go back and see if they have the cashmere and find someone else who will appreciate it.

sja

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe