Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Resolutions for the New Year?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clara Posted - 12/29/2010 : 10:11:52 AM
Just a few more days before 2010 draws to a close, and I'm starting to think about how I'd like the New Year to take shape. I know that we all do things differently, and that some folks think that the whole notion of "resolutions" is poppycock. But for those who do take comfort in this tradition (for me it's simply a matter of focusing my thoughts before diving into a new year), what are some of your resolutions for the new year? Especially those that relate to creativity and knitting?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lacylaine Posted - 01/20/2011 : 7:38:12 PM
Didn't frog the Baby Alpaca Grande Vest/Bolero. There just isn't enough yarn there to make a traditional vest. I am within a few inches of finishing this project though. Can't wait to wear it. Then, I just have the Mystery Shawl to finish.

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

2010 FO: two pair felted clogs, two chemo caps for Mom 2011 FO: BYOB (market bag), Hedgerow Mitts, pair of wristers/sweatbands

lella Posted - 01/20/2011 : 1:28:05 PM
Janet, I've given up trying to not buy ANY yarn. Every time we go visit the DDs I buy yarn.

Lella
Zippiknits
Laxmom4x Posted - 01/14/2011 : 5:20:48 PM
Well that didn't last long. Ordered some books from Knit Picks, and decided I needed a hat for my winter coat, and more stash is on its way!

Janet
"Change is inevitable except from a vending machine"
Chayah Posted - 01/07/2011 : 10:50:30 AM
I have several projects to finish. Some are crocheted-two afghans to put together, a rug to complete. Several knitted baby hats to seam and send to SaveTheChildren. At least three hats promised to friends before the New Year, and a resolution to knit from what I have as much as possible because I have no more space. Hopefully I can accomplish some of this this year, happy knitting and crafting to all, Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
lacylaine Posted - 01/07/2011 : 07:54:56 AM
Okay, after reading all these posts, I feel compelled to update my earlier thoughts. I have found four (EDITED: four more) UFOs while organizing my stash. So, even with my new job, I think it's safe to plan on finishing three of them. The Alpaca Grande Vest will be frogged. I ended up with a fifth skein and I think I'll try to make a "real" vest, probably a pull-over. First, get SW3 onto the new laptop. Use old project as gauge swatch. See if I really do have enough yarn. This yarn is so scrumptious! Anything would be lovely but I only started this project because the class at LYS was teaching Norwegian purl Continental knitting with it (and it is an ideal project for that!). I really don't like things that don't close across my chest - I want to be warm!

Thanks for the inspiration, everyone!

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

2010 FO: two pair felted clogs, two chemo caps for Mom 2011 FO: BYOB (market bag),

kkknitter Posted - 01/06/2011 : 4:52:26 PM
Hi there! I plan to finish the Debbi Bliss Baby Bobble Sweater I started in December. The back is done. But first I just have to make a pair of kid mittens with a raccoon pattern for my sister's grandchild who lives in Sweden. They are having the coldest winter in a 150 years. And of course there will be socks and more socks. My favorit pattern so far is Scroll knit in Uni Opal blue.

Kristina

--kk

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkknitter/
lella Posted - 01/06/2011 : 1:30:53 PM
Thanks for the topic, Clara.

I will finish the Manly/Beastly Aran sweater this year, keep socks on the needles at all times, and finish a sweater for my DD that she started before she got sick and didn't get to. When we went to see them I knit half a front for her. She brought it to me for help with it this January, and I told her I'd finish it for her. Yay, Knitting!

Lella
Zippiknits
ClaireG Posted - 01/06/2011 : 09:57:16 AM
Complete the projects that I have started.
I have two baby blankets to make for this spring,that I need to start.
Claire
LiatMGat Posted - 01/06/2011 : 12:16:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by KnittingKnoobie

My knitting resolution for this year is to make toe up socks. I've avoided patterns because I don't know how to do this so this is at the top of the resolution list.

I have a toe-up sock video tutorial that you might like! It comes with a pattern for quick worsted-weight toe-up socks and a lot of people have really had fun with it. Toe-up socks are so awesome!

knitfreedom.com/classes/toe-up-socks

I hope this is helpful with your resolutions!

Liat
http://knitfreedom.com
purlewe Posted - 01/04/2011 : 12:34:07 PM
My biggest intention is to cut my UFOs in half!! 11 knitting projects, 2 quilt projects and 2 xstitch. I would like to see those stats as 5, 1, and 1.

My mother made me a homosexual.
And if you give her some yarn, she'll make you one too. ~quentin crisp

http://purlewe.typepad.com/
magifox Posted - 01/04/2011 : 06:54:18 AM
I am so in awe of many knitter's on this page. My stash is wee by comparison to most - just odd skeins etc so WHEN Ifinish the scrap blankie that I started 2 years ago, I will try the scrappy scarf, finish Henry scarf (34,500+ stitches to go) for my brother, try toe-up socks and entrelac too. Happy New Year everyone!
KnittingKnoobie Posted - 01/02/2011 : 4:35:34 PM
My knitting resolution for this year is to make toe up socks. I've avoided patterns because I don't know how to do this so this is at the top of the resolution list.
mkfromKansas Posted - 01/02/2011 : 07:58:34 AM
I resumed knitting about 5 years ago with lukewarm reception from family. BUT NOW, at last, I found I prefer knitting flat goods - mainly dishcloths and blankets. However, my daughter works at a nearby retirement home and she shared some of the dishcloths with her co-workers and they all want more! Also, the head of housekeeping said they could use a lot of lap blankets and would I care to make some? They need to be 2x3 feet and no fringe. What a perfect way to use up a rampant stash! It gave 2011 a while new directive for me. yippee!!!
Laxmom4x Posted - 01/02/2011 : 03:51:02 AM
Even though my stash isn't very big by KR standards, I'd like to use some of it up. Frog a UFO and organize it all. At this point I want a dresser for my stash, and am going to hunt tag sales. I liked the post about only getting yarn at festivals, since I loved knitting the yarn I got at Rhinebeck, and the closest LYS, has help with too much of an attitude, so I won't miss them. I might have to include WEBS in with festivals though, it's near my mom's and such a fun place to go. I was also inspired by Donna's hat knitting and come September, that would be great, because our school has a "mitten tree" (and hats too.)

Janet
"Change is inevitable except from a vending machine"
LiatMGat Posted - 01/02/2011 : 02:24:55 AM
I'm going to try to do some just-for-fun knitting! I also hope to add 100 more knitting videos to my YouTube channel.

Liat
http://knitfreedom.com
lmickelb Posted - 01/01/2011 : 6:14:14 PM
Complete my first Dale of Norway sweater, spin and knit 2 self designed Christmas stockings, study and learn more about sheep breeds and their fleece, become a proficient spinner.

Oh yeah - in my spare time de-junkify and organize my home, particularly my kitchen.
kbshee Posted - 01/01/2011 : 10:06:24 AM
Happy New Year Everyone!

My first highlight of 2010 was learning how to do double knitting! It is one of the few techniques that has always scared me and now I'm pretty comfortable with it! The second one is that my DH built a yarn wall for me (cubbies, etc), so now I can see all my gorgeous yarn!

My goal is to Cold Sheep and knit 10 miles of yarn this year...I'm keeping track on my blog. My stash has gotten out of control, and this year I will bring it in to control...sell things that I'm not crazy about, and enjoy the beautiful yarn I have and create beautiful things from the yarn!

I did promise myself that if I knit five miles by the Black Sheep Gathering that I can buy a few things, but it feels great to make this commitment to enjoy what I have and not be distracted by every pretty thing!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Ceil Posted - 12/31/2010 : 11:28:16 PM
Steeks. And finish writing two music books.

Ceil
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
donnawatk Posted - 12/31/2010 : 9:36:45 PM
I promise myself after reading about the retreat this year that I would stay healthy so I can go in 2011. Donna
anderknit Posted - 12/31/2010 : 4:18:56 PM
My oldest daughter is going away to college in the fall of 2011, and my intention is to send her there with a knitted afghan. I also intend to knit a pair of socks for a dear sister-in-law who has been so supportive during this very difficult Fall. I did a pretty good job of knitting from stash this year, and I intend to continue to do so. I also intend to try to destash the yarn I know I will not knit.

Non-knitting intentions? After my mother died in late November, I made a list of all the house projects I wanted to do - the kind that do not involve anyone else. Like: getting rid of the kids' toys (see above - kid going to college!), reorganizing the pantry, cleaning up my home office. I'm not going to go overboard here, my goal is one of these tasks per month.

Good luck to everyone!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe