Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Katharine Cobey

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clara Posted - 10/13/2010 : 7:15:09 PM
For Katharine Cobey fans, rumors about her diagonal knitting book have been as rampant and persistent as the rumors about a re-release of Principles of Knitting. Well, the time has finally come - and here's a look at Katharine's long-awaited and aptly titled Diagonal Knitting.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
katiebird Posted - 10/15/2010 : 05:58:16 AM
This sounds like a very interesting book. I just requested that my local library purchase it. (I'm trying to keep my personal book addiction in check by not purchasing any physical books - only ebooks - this year)
eldergirl Posted - 10/14/2010 : 4:26:05 PM
I have read about Katharine Cobey in Interweave Knits, and at Schoolhouse Press, and she has always excited my interest!
I remember the Alzheimer's piece, I think from IK, and it is deeply moving.

And I agree that buying from Schoolhouse Press helps support an irreplaceable resource!

I look forward to reading the book!

Anna
Kade1301 Posted - 10/14/2010 : 09:48:27 AM
Sounds really interesting - now if only one of the European Amazons would sell it... (I prefer to spend my money on books rather than postage...)

Bye, Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
pjkite Posted - 10/14/2010 : 03:43:15 AM
I've been waiting for this one, too. I'm not a fan of knitting pattern books, but rather of knitting design books - and this one is an ideal addition to my library!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

BessH Posted - 10/14/2010 : 02:45:56 AM
This was my birthday present to me and I pre-ordered it from SHP, perhaps in gratitude to them for taking a stand and publishing something so important, even if also, so esoteric. Believe me, I'm glad there are cheap on-line sources for books, and I am often a customer, but sometimes I just have to use my purchasing dollars to say Thank-You. I've been such a fan of Cobey for so long - almost as long as I've been one of EZ's acolytes. How right you are to harness them together. And how glad I am Cobey tackled diagonal knitting, since I've long wanted to delve deeper into it's intricacies and possibilities. This is an important addition to our knitting libraries. Glad you picked this to review it.

Bess
http://likethequeen2.blogspot.com

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe