Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 Projects for Spring in the works?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eldergirl Posted - 03/29/2010 : 5:43:04 PM
Well, we have endured the time change to Daylight Savings, the first day of Spring has passed, and heavy wool is beginning to feel like it might swallow me whole.

What projects and yarns are you eyeing-up for the warmer weather? Is it too early to ask?

I am going to knit cotton anklets with a lace cuff (yum!) and I am going to try a summer shawl in the "Sea Island Cotton" ...... another yum.

Tell us about your stuff!

Happy dance with birds singing for spring,

Anna
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
joankyles Posted - 04/16/2010 : 10:45:27 PM
I'm knitting a hat for a family friend who is sailing a small boat (16 foot) from the Clyde to Plockton to raise funds for Sport Relief
Joan

www.calanacrafts.blogspot.com where you'll find me knitting
GFTC Posted - 04/12/2010 : 07:46:54 AM
Sasse, i have tears from reading your post. What a treasure that book will be for your grandson. You should make a page at the end that would be like the dust cover endflap of the author that you see on books but with your picture and info about Colin's grandma.

GFTC of NYC
my knitting photos on Flickr or Ravelry
Sasse Posted - 04/12/2010 : 07:29:48 AM
I just finished a top-down 2-year-old sweater from Vintage Baby Knits. To compliment it I'm doing Rupert the Lion (in VBK) and plan a hat and a book - a baby's book featuring Rupert the Lion Looking for Colin (my grandson). I'm going to take photo's of Rupert - Page 1. with a magnifying glass saying "Where's Colin?" 2. "Here's his sweater!" "Where's Colin?" (photo of Rupert and the sweater) 3. "Here's his hat!" "Where's Colin?" (photo of Rupert and the hat) 4. "Here's his sweater and his hat!" "Where's Colin?" (photo of Rupert and the sweater and the hat) 5. "Where's Colin?" (space for photo of Rupert saying "If only I had a photo it would go here!") 6.(photo of Rupert saying "GRRRRR!!! _ I guess I'll just have to go up and find him!!!!)

I'm going to use plastic page covers and colored tape to make a little book. I'm going to type in the words and print them out on the computer and paste them on pages with the photo's. It'll be a little book to remember - especially with the photo of Colin - I hope will get put in place. Needless to say I don't get too many photos from Boston - where Colin and his family are.

Other than that my next plan is a "Cascading Leaves" (from Lion Brand patterns) throw in Rose Spray - Jiffy yarn for my youngest sister - I just did one for another sister with Oak Tweed Fisherman's Wool - It turned out nice and light and looked like fallen leaves dappled with sunlight!

I used Bamboo last summer for a beach cover-up - lace - it turned out very nice. I'm planning a shrug with the rest of the yarn - I have just enough left-over.

That's enough for now! But my plans reach into the fall with another Cascading Leaves for my brother, and a few pairs of socks squeaked in on road trips!

SkeinHerder Posted - 04/10/2010 : 2:16:11 PM
I'm finishing up some baby blankets for new arrivals. And then want to start on my Christmas list. Felted slippers, coasters and some dishcloths and maybe a few cowls. I have a few scarves done for Christmas so I have a start! I think I want to try the Summit on Knitty. And I know I have a few projects waiting from the stash I should do.

Happiness is an inside job.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SkeinHerder
pmcyarns Posted - 04/09/2010 : 6:18:15 PM
I've been thinking about baseball themed baby blankets, a cotton beach wrap and baby items for an October grandchild's arrival. I still owe my sister an afghan though and she'll be retiring so the time is right.
hillstreetmama Posted - 04/08/2010 : 3:45:37 PM
I'm going to work on small things, like hats and mitts, while the weather is warm. My 2 non-knitting daughters have asked for both these things for fall (also scarves, which I'm not so keen on). So, I'm whittling away at my stash and will have a number of gifts ready for giving by next Christmas.

Jan
queen of the east Posted - 04/08/2010 : 1:33:56 PM
I am just finishing up a sontag, also known as a bosom friend, as a birthday gift for my sister. I have a great-niece on the way, due in June/July so I am working on some 'welcome to the world' items for her. I've got a pram cover on the needles knit in Phildar Phil'bambou and I plan to knit a hat, Mary Jane booties and a sleeveless dress in Rowan Milk Cotton or some less expensive substitute.
I've also got a lace project just started. A very pretty Shetland lace jacket from the Japanese knitting book Vintage Knitting in Tradition. This is one of those projects that has no time constraints, and as it is knit in Zephyr I won't be wearing it in warm weather.
I would like to knit myself a top of some sort for Spring. I've got a beautiful light-as-air silk georgette ribbon yarn in the stash. The yarn is from Italy, a discontinued line, so it was marked down by 60%. I 've already knit one top from one of the three different colourways I bought, now I'm ready to knit with this yarn again. I just don't have a pattern yet. I have my stylistic preferences, elbow length sleeves, a bit of a shaped waist. Beyond that I don't have a clue. I think I'll spend some time going through my pattern library, I'm sure I'll find something I can improvise on.

Ann in Montreal
dschmidt Posted - 04/08/2010 : 06:27:47 AM
Just finished 2 toddler halter tops for the twins but can't figure out what to start next.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Punctuatedknitter Posted - 04/07/2010 : 6:01:29 PM
I'm also working on Christmas projects, hats and socks and mittens. EZ's "Knitter's Almanac" has mittens for May knitting too.

I have to do the presents now, because come August I'll want to get started on a sweater or two for my winter wardrobe.

Ruby Plaid Posted - 04/07/2010 : 07:13:51 AM
I do a lot of sock knitting once the weather gets warm instead of hot, heavy projects. I have both Blue Moon Fiber ARts Socks That Rock packages so far that I have yet to knit, and I will be doing two hot, heavy projects despite the weather because I have two pairs of mittens half done and I want to finish them--it's driving me crazy. I have one pair of Selbuvotter and one pair of Latvian mittens--one mitten of each is done.

My sassy knitting blog is here: http://www.rubyplaid.com
sandyt Posted - 04/03/2010 : 07:37:29 AM
I'm going to cast on a short sleeve cardi...I'm also going to keep socks OTN's for next fall/winter, for me!! (not my DDs!) Finally, at the end of the summer, I'm going to make 3 Montego Bay scarves in yummy fiber to give as Christmas gifts.

a fun topic! thanks, Anna!!!!
theShizzKnit Posted - 04/02/2010 : 7:55:21 PM
I'm thinking to knit a short sleeve sweater from some of the mercerized cotton cones I've got in the stash. I've been cruising through Ravelry and haven't found an appealing pattern as yet though.
mertle Posted - 04/02/2010 : 02:37:54 AM
I'm with Judy - working on Christmas gifts. Actually started after last Christmas with a long list. Can't seem to stop! Hats, (regular, snowboarder, & EZ's Maltese Fisherman - FUN pattern), eternity scarves, muffatees, dishcloths, legwarmers, cowls, little teddy bears, finger puppets, slippers, booties ... all from stash! It's piling up!

Marilyn
My Bags
GFTC Posted - 04/01/2010 : 08:32:16 AM
I'm using Mission Falls 1824 Cotton from stash to knit the Rambling Rows Afghan from Cottage Creations. I love those little booklets. They are the same people who published the pattern for The Wonderful Wallaby.

I frogged the finished back of Ravensong from A Fine Fleece. I wasn't feeling the love, as they say on the internet, and I want to use the yarn for something else.

My 1 year moratorium on knitting socks is almost up and I pulled out Cookie's book, Sock Innovations which I bought when it was first published but haven't used at all. I went through it and wrote in the various errata which is listed on the Interweave page. It wasn't too dire other than one chart that had to be completely replaced.

GFTC of NYC
my knitting photos on Flickr or Ravelry
savvy_C Posted - 04/01/2010 : 07:23:24 AM
[size=1][/size=1)

Spring has arrived, bringing a new surge of energy! A short visit to the yarn stash has served me well. Found great new choices to make on Ravelry.com. The back of a summer tee in coral is nearly half done! My behavior mod plan is simple: 1 hr in the stash cupboard, finish 2 UFOs each week, USE the stash you have! Call it my 'winning recipe' for 2010. My next two choices are chosen, yarn in the bag, and ready to go.
K2P2 Posted - 04/01/2010 : 06:45:59 AM
Having caught up in the yard earlier in the week, I am now considering the Knitting Daily KAL of the Minimalist Cardigan in Rowan summer tweed. 70% silk, 30% cotton, DK weight, soft gold out of my stash. It should transist into autumn nicely. New yarn for me and new fibers for me to knit. If you have any thoughts or 'you know something I should know' please respond!

jmr
jtamsn Posted - 04/01/2010 : 05:47:24 AM
Believe it or not.... I'm starting my Christmas projects!
judy
jlpanecki Posted - 04/01/2010 : 05:01:16 AM
Like many of you, I've been gardening- I love to get out there and rake and mulch in the Spring. Now that I've done that, it's time to watch the daffodils and tulips pop out.

Much of my knitting is done at night when I can't garden anyway, so I've just finished a Lemon yellow cotton sweater- made from Dale of Norway baby cotton- it's soft and lightweight- no sleeves, just one step up from a tank top.

While it was refreshing to see the bright yellow come off my needles, I am next on to something new for me- Bamboo Silk. I've yet to use a bamboo yarn but several knitting friends have tried it, they liked working with it, and I liked the end result.
Has anyone here used some of the Bamboo yarns?
Janet (in Ct.)
scarfitup Posted - 04/01/2010 : 04:23:37 AM
I've been working on Loopies, Flowery Neck Gardens, and lightweight shawls for Spring and Summer! Always looking for new ideas, though, in accessories.

Happy Gardening too!
Louise

Scarf It Up!
http://scarf-it-up.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/photos/scarfitup
http://scarfitup.etsy.com
Become a Scarf It Up! Fan on FB: http://www.facebook.com/scarfitupwilmington
cpknits Posted - 03/30/2010 : 10:55:43 AM
I've been thinking about this for a bit. Thanks for starting the thread. I've swatched for a 3/4 sleeve top using berocco suede (rose color) and have started looking through my stash of cottons/linens/patterns for some summer tops. I'm determined to start digging into this stash. I always fall in love with cottons/linens/silks because of the color (thus the large stash) but have always preferred wool. I really need some summer tops that aren't either t-shirts or bicycle jerseys.

I've also finally started some seeds today (rest day for the legs), Chinese Forget me Nots, Lavender and Marigolds. Now that the dirt is gone from the fingernails, I'm off to order some spring bulbs. I want to put in some tiger lilies (only thing, I hope they tell me what end to plant facing down).

Carol, Wisconsin

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe