Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Alchemy Kozmos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clara Posted - 03/10/2010 : 8:34:42 PM
Now that Kozmos is finally in yarn stores, I thought it was time to put this intriguing new yarn through its paces. And so it begins...

Kozmos is an enchanting exercise in contrasts. This curiously spun yarn blends silk, brushed mohair, wool, and cotton in a way that keeps each fiber distinct and yet still produces a cohesive material.

Kozmos blends a lustrous silk with wool and a slightly slubby single strand of cotton, and then it wraps the whole thing very loosely with brushed mohair and what appears to be more silk. I'm not quite sure what's what in here; I just know that the end result is unusual and intriguing.

...rest of the review

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandyt Posted - 03/21/2010 : 07:47:36 AM
I also would love to see it in person. I'm smitten with the idea of it....I'll look up the Airy Scarf!
minh Posted - 03/12/2010 : 6:45:18 PM
One skein would be enough for the Airy Scarf in "Last-Minute Knitted Gifts"... I would definitely want to pick the color in person, not online (that's what I did for Alchemy Juniper).

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
kjelenfy Posted - 03/12/2010 : 6:05:36 PM
Great review, as always, Clara. Want to get my hands on this stuff, as I'm currently focussed on neck embellishment - it sounds perfect!
barchick3723 Posted - 03/11/2010 : 05:42:28 AM
Nice yarn, at that yardage, the price is a bit to high for me
Jane Posted - 03/11/2010 : 04:29:06 AM
Thank you for reviewing Kozmos, Clara! Gina Wilde is definitely an alchemist. I would like to make a scarf right now, right this minute, in the Scarlett's Dark Secret colorway (or Bordeaux would do). I just want one skein (OK, maybe two) so I can make myself a halo and wrap it around my neck. Yes, I'm one of the 27-something percent of us who'll spend "whatever I want if it's a great yarn" -- not a sweater's-worth, a scarf will do.

Jane

Betty needs a warm hat: Support KR
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe