Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Foxfire Fiber Upland Wool and Alpaca

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clara Posted - 04/22/2009 : 5:30:05 PM
For the last 10+ years, Barbara Parry and her husband have been establishing a flock of Cormo and Border Leicester sheep at their 220-acre farm in western Massachusetts. More recently, she began documenting her daily life on the farm in her blog, Sheepgal—it's one of my daily reads, and I encourage you to bookmark it.

Barbara sells her yarns primarily at sheep and wool festivals in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and New York, and she also makes them available to the general public through her Web site. Foxfire Fiber is perhaps best known for its luxurious Cormo wool blends, but Barbara also offers some intriguing blends based on her Border Leicester fibers—and that's what I review here.

...Read the full review

Any other Foxfire fans out there?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marfa Posted - 05/06/2009 : 05:28:09 AM
How do.

Here's a benefit of being behind w/my emails: I just read Clara's review of Barbara's yarns & these comments ^ .. ^

Barbara's yarns are so fabulous & Luann is right on the money: her presentation to us was wonderful & among all the KR Retreats (I am lucky to have attended all of them), it is one of my David Letterman Top 10 highlights. Her yarns are spectacular & her energy is so terrific that you know it comes across & through the skeins right to you as a knitter.

Thank you, clara, for this review - I hope we see Barbara at the 2009 Retreat.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Luann Posted - 04/23/2009 : 12:33:02 PM
Meeting Barbara at the '07 KR Retreat was a highlight. Hearing her talk about the work of raising her yarns from sheep to skein gave me an even deeper appreciation of the work that goes into producing all the beautiful yarns we have available to us. Then I saw her booth during the market day, and I was bowled over by the beautiful colors... I told her that she had managed to capture the colors that I dream about at night. I came home with a bagful of Foxfire Fiber fibers. Thanks for the memories, Clara!

Luann

Knit and let knit!
Now with baby musk ox!:
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Chemcats Posted - 04/23/2009 : 11:22:04 AM
Clara! You are my favorite enabler! I'm going shopping.

Meribeth

ETA typo
Clara Posted - 04/23/2009 : 06:30:37 AM
Oh that's right! I forgot to mention that Barbara also has sock yarn. And you are correct, sock yarn does not count as stash yarn. Just like we have two stomachs - the dinner stomach and the dessert stomach, and your dinner one may be full but the dessert one is always empty.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Chemcats Posted - 04/23/2009 : 03:34:58 AM
Let me double check this. Sock yarn is NOT stash is OK right? I'm not going to get in trouble if I get some seriously beautiful sock yarn, right?

Thank you Clara! Me thinks I better order soon.

Meribeth
minh Posted - 04/22/2009 : 8:40:01 PM
I've been addicted to Barb's yarns for the past two years -- with this being Clara's second glowing review, I'm going to have to fight the crowds at her booth... but it will be worth it ;)

Good thing that I'm already signed up for her Sheep Shares Club and am guaranteed to receive the Upland Wool and Alpaca as my summer share. Hee hee...
Jane Posted - 04/22/2009 : 5:57:27 PM
Me! Me! I love Barbara's fibers and yarns -- and I can't wait to try this one. Thanks for reviewing it for us, Clara.

Jane

Betty needs a warm hat: Support KR
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe