Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Mid-Gauge Machines
 Silver Reed LK 150??? or Brother KX 350???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
callwool Posted - 02/02/2009 : 2:02:55 PM
Hi,
I am NEW to machine knitting but not to hand knitting. I am looking to get a machine under $500. What is the best knitting machine you can recommend for that price? Also, I have heard some good things about the LK 150 and the KX 350, can anyone tell me the difference between these to machines? What should I look out for and be aware of when purchasing a knitting machine?

Thank you
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mary Howard Posted - 01/25/2013 : 10:37:03 AM
Call wool, have you been successful teaching yourself on the LK? I have had the 150 for several yrs and am not proficient. What publications and such have you found useful?
callwool Posted - 02/07/2009 : 11:06:36 PM
Thank you for the advice. After taking your advice to heart and doing a bunch more research I purchased a Silver Reed SK 160. It will arrive in two days so wish me luck. No, I don't have anywhere I can take lessons but I have taught myself a lot of different difficult things before and came out the other end alright, so hopefully this would work just fine. I did want to know, do you recommend any books on the subject, including informational and pattern books?

Thank you for your help.
Bernie Posted - 02/03/2009 : 02:45:03 AM
Hi: Both machines are comparable as far as what they can do, however, the LK150 is a 6.5mm machine and the KX350 is a 7mm machine, so very little difference in the needle size. How this is your handspun yarn, if it's comparable to a light worsted weight either of these machine is great, but if it is thicker worsted, I would recommend looking at either the SK155 (singer machine) or Brother 260 they will knit the heavier worsted no problem. Do you have a local store where you can check out machines, and possibly get lessons.
If you need more information let me know.
callwool Posted - 02/02/2009 : 2:08:36 PM
continued:
I also am a hand spinner and would like a machine I can use with my hand spun yarn. So something with as much flexibility in yarn type as possible.

Thanks

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe